cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" Item Category Group" in the material master?

Former Member

Hi,

I'm going to use inbound delivery for purchase order, so I'm going to do it as follows:

1) Create a new "item category group Y001"

2) Create a new "item category Y001 (copy from ELN then change the movement type to 101, and set it relevant to putaway)",

3) Replace the item category group in the material master with Y001

4) Determine the item category via transaction 0184 as the following ways:

"Delivery Type" EL +

"Item Category Group From Material Master" Y001 +

"Item Usage" V +

'Item Category Of The Higher-Level Item"

==> "Determine New Delivery Item Category" Y001

My question is, If I change the item category group in the material master, is there any effect to SD part?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Item category group is used in determining item category.

Item Category is determined in sales order through

Sales Document TypeItem Category GroupItem Usage

So if u change item category groupin material master. item category will not determine in a sales order.

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

General item category group

Materials grouping that helps the system to determine item categories during sales document processing.

*If a group is configured specific to distribution channel, it has priority if the corresponding activity is distribution channel-dependent

.*

Item category group from material master

A grouping of materials that the system uses to determine item categories during the processing of sales documents.

the difference between the two lies in the specificity to the distribution channel

Regards

Raja

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you change the item category group in the material master, then while creating the sales order, the determination of item category will not takes place and hence the order cannot be created.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a lot, it's very helpful. Another question is, If I want to use inbound delivery with warehouse management, I have to activate the puratay relevant setting in the item category ELN, but it will affect other part, so is there any good way for it?

Thanks.