cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDS build error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

I recently upgraded the JDI server to SP 15 and hence had to upgrade my NDS as well. On upgrade ( from 2.0.10 to 2.0.13 ) i am facing build errors.

"IWDEventId cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the field IPublicOverviewtabcomp.WD_EVENT_EDITTHEGRM"

It shows me the evenhandler id error for all events i had in my project when it was in 2.0.10.

It also shows me that some jars that are usually present under .dtc/.../java are missing.

Can you please tell me how to fix this problem.?

thank you.

regards

vln.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you wrote that you upgraded JDI to SP15 but upgraded NWDS to SP13. Is this correct?

What did you do with your track? Did you update this as well? If not this is still at SP10 and therefore you have to use 2.0.10 to do Web Dynpro development.

For Web Dynpro development the version of NWDS must correlate to the versions of SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS and SAP-JEE used in the development track.

If you upgrade JDI you can of course also upgrade your development tracks. But this is not done automatically. To upgrade a track you have to check-in the corresponding version of the three mentioned SCAs and import them into dev. and cons. system. Then you have to recync all used DCs in NWDS.

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helmut,

correct me if i am wrong here..

as you said NWDS SP can be > NWDI version, which means that content developed for SP15 (for instance) can be transported with JDI SP14.

but the weblog

/people/marion.schlotte/blog/2005/10/25/jdi-software-vs-jdi-content

says that the content being transported should be less than or equal to SP of JDI.

as you already said that, you implemented it. I am curious and would try in my installation, but <b>not officially</b>. am i right?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not mandatory to have NWDS and NWDI on the same SP level.

it is enough if NWDS and the APP server on which you are going to deploy the applications are at the same SP level.

summary: NWDS SP VERSION <= NWDI SP version

ofcourse this is not the solution to your problem..but just a suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this article.

/people/marion.schlotte/blog/2005/10/25/jdi-software-vs-jdi-content

It will give you an overview of the JDI and its different compatibility points

thanks

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry Reddy but I have to correct your statement. This is also possible:

NWDS SP Version > NWDI SP version (I´ve done this in practice).

Only for Web Dynpro development and maybe CAF (?) it is necessary that the NWDS SP Version is the same as the versions of SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS and SAP-JEE of the track you are developing in.

Regards

Helmut