cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update via DVD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello anybody.

I have a short question about the DVD 51033894_1 to 51033894_6. On this DVD are the complete ERP Stack 13. But how install I am that? There is no sapinst or something. Or must I do that with the JSPM?

KG

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

There is not enough information in your message for anyone to help you. People do not have DVD numbers memorized, so saying "DVD 51033894_1 to 51033894_6" does not tell anybody what you are trying to do.

Installation guides are available on the Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/instguides.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for your answer,

as I write "On this DVD are the complete ERP Stack 13"

On these DVD are the support packages for an ERP System. This is named SP-Stacks.

KG

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Locate the CAR files.

Unpack them (sapcar).

Put them in the EPS\in directory under usr\sap\trans.

Lock users, shut down system.

Take backup of system.

Start system.

Run SPAM, import app packages, import and wait.

Finish, confirm, unlock users, release system.

Done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Yes, but some installation DVDs (SR releases) also include Support Packages. You did not indicate whether you were trying to install or upgrade a system.

In either case, instructions can be found in the Support Package (or Installation) guides available on the Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/instguides.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you forget the sca files

KG

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

ok I understand. I guess it was an advanced that SAP create an sapinst for the DVDs. This must check which component is installed and the create a xml file as I known when I download a Stack via swdc.

KG

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Please see the [Rules of Engagement|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/FgQ] and do not ask others to do research and work for you. I have twice provided you a link to where you can find instructions on how to apply Support Package Stacks.

Best Regards,

Matt

martin_vombruch4
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Matt,

you understand me wrong. When I download a IDES System I can download 2DVD with NWStack13. On this all packages of the SP-Stack. What I now know is, if there an installer for the Stack or must I copy the files to EPS/in and use the normal installprocedere

KG

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I understood you incorrectly since this is the first time you mentioned that this is an IDES system. I know about "regular" SAP systems, and little to nothing about IDES systems. Is there any documentation on any of the DVDs?

Best Regards,

Matt

martin_vombruch4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

there is no documentation on this DVD, I guess the only andevanced is that I must not confirm this download via Solution Manager.

KG and have a nice weekend

Martin