cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PB data time zone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SDP94, when I right click on a qty and select show details, it shows me the order details.

The question for me is: What time zone are these orders displayed and

what time zone does the system store in Live cache?

Is it UTC or user time or location time zone...????

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Data in LC is always stored in system time zone.

how do you check system time zone ? > In menu option, goto System>Status--> check the system time.

why is the data in planning book displayed in local time zone ? --> well users could be all over the world and to make their lives easier they see data in local times.

where is this setting done ?--> transaction /n/sapapo/mvm where you can see a check box under snp section on picking up local time zone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks srinivas. When I see the order detail in planning book, the order has an end time of 04:30:00. But when I see the same in Product view it is 11:30:00

Here, as the location in CA, the planning book time, 04:30:00, must be local time and the time in product view, 11:30:00, must be UTC (UTC is 7 hrs ahead of PST).

When I change the time zone setting in product view to PST, I see the time match.

The question is, I'm assuming that planning book displays data right from live cache without any conversion. Then is't the PB time supposed to 11:30:00 here??

Does the system do the conversion from live cache (system time- UTC) to the location time zone?

Thanks.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The PB should typically display the local time zone if there is a checkbox in /n/sapapo/mvm. Local time zone can be checked in system--> user profile. So PB also converts data as it presents for the reason that end users would prefer that way. (End users would not be technically sophisticated and would not prefer time conversions on their own). So I think the assumption that PB displays data without conversion may not be correct.

Answers (0)