cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FF 5.2 Reason Codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Background: I am new to SAP GRC. We are in the process of upgrading from 4.0 to 5.2. I am focusing on FF and CC.

My question pertains to FF.

When logging in as a firefighter in 4.0, it is a free-form to enter your reason and activity.

When logging in as a firefighter in 5.2, it has been changed to choosing from a list of mandatory "reason codes".

Is there a way to revert back to the old method in entering free-form text as opposed to choosing from a list of reason codes? The user/config guide does not specify.

Thanks in advance!

- Jes Behrens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the same general topic...

The Log Report in 4.0 tells me the Reason and the Activity in the report. Unfortunately, in 5.2, the Log Report now only shows the Reason Code. It does not list the activity. Is there any way to add this functionality?

I understand that there is a dedicated reason code report in 5.2 but we would prefer to have the Reason and the Activity in the Log Report in 5.2 so we would not have to run a separate report. Essentially, the 5.2 Log Report shows me less than the 4.0 Log Report. Again, all we are looking for is to have the Activity listed in the Log Report for 5.2, similiar to the way it was done in the 4.0 Log Report.

Any help/comments would be be greatly appreciated!

Edited by: Jes Behrens on Aug 11, 2008 4:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jes,

Well, I dont think this feature is available in the standard report types but in case you have a critical requirement for this functinality, you may raise an Enhancement request for the same to SAP.

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears the functionality I'm looking for is available in 5.3.

According to the GRC AC 5.3 Release news, a new feature of "Superuser Priviledge Management" is:

Enhanced Log Report for both ABAP and Web Reports

You can drilldown a Firefighter ID log report to the Reason Code (hyperlink) level to show text

of reason and activity. The Firefighter ID based log report is an Excel file and contains a link

to reason/activity information.

This feature would be extremely helpful as our business people that review the FF log activity would really like to see reason/activity text without having to run a separate report

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jes-

I believe that Enhanced Reason code feature is available for 5.2 as well. I think it came in with one of the latest SP's. I have not worked with 5.2 in a while now, but I remember seeing it in one of my last implementations. Could somebody else confirm?

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reponse, Ankur!

If anyone can confirm that Enhanced Reason Code functionality is available in one of the latest 5.2 support packs, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your responses.

Jes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jes,

As Ankur just mentioned that you have to maintain reason codes in advance but the reason text field is a free text for sure. That's right, and this should be the best practice as well. Now the reports are much more efficient. There is a new dedicated report called Reason / Activity Report

This report can be generated by Reason Code, Firefighter ID, Firefighter ID Owner, or by Session Date. So it would be great if you discuss this with Business process Owners and decide what reason codes would be appropriate.

Suppose you have a reason code for basis activities, and later on your management want's to see what were the activities performed by basis team in over a month or more, in this case you can simply go to Reason/Activity report and select an appropriate reason code and wow here what do you have?

the whole list of basis activities. wow, don't you think it is an amazing functional addition on FF 5.2 well my company love this feature.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jes-

Yes, you have to pick a pre-defined Reason Code. But the field under the Reason Code and the Activity field are free-form...

Ankur