cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

append file problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

its an IDOC to file scenario....

there is a feild called document in receiver feild(In mapping).it can get two values xyz and ABC.

If document = XYZ then XI create file with u201Cxyz.txtu201D name and places in the path

XYZ

ELSE XI creates file with u201CABC.txtu201D name and places in path

ABC

now they say,

R/3 will collect the idocs and sends to XI once, XI should able to crate single file out of these IDOCu2019s

if so i can go with this.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30ea2fdf-f047-2a10-d3a2-955a634b...

but i asked the business people to give us an IDOC immediately rather than collecting it at sender side.

my problem here is,

if we go with append file at the target ,will that properly append as there are two paths

If document = XYZ then XI create file with u201Cxyz.txtu201D name and places in the path
XYZ

ELSE XI creates file with u201CABC.txtu201D name and places in path
ABC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I don't see any reason why not!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Alex,thanks for that..

my problem here is,

if we go with append file at the target ,will that properly append as there are two paths and withe different file names...

will that workout...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I believe it would... Ihaven't tested so I don't know for a fact but...

In theory it should append to which ever the relevant file is... abc or xyz.

they would be my thoughts...

Obviously you would use variable substiution to make all of this happen but I dont see why it wouldn't work.

Have you tested?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes..we are using variable substitution......we are about to go for development..so thought of going with some inputs from SDN.....thank you.....

Answers (0)