cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII and Enterprise Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience creating or using Enterprise Services using MII as the service provider? Is this functionality possible with any current (or future) MII software releases? If so then is there any documentation out there that may define this path/procedure?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to consume ESOA service using MII. But I doubt about the ES using MII. All esoa services are registered services so it will have a link to WSIL file of the server. But for MII services, the transactions are exposed as WS using WSDLGen (http://<host>:<port>/XMII/WSDLGen/<Path to the transaction>). These services will not be registered in server level.

Thanks,

Pradip

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think you can however register WSDL-based web services in the Enterprise Services Registry, but I don't think you get any of the other benefits of Enterprise Services (e.g. global data types, etc.). This would mean that your MII-based web services are at least discoverable and can be documented centrally...

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the MII WS definitions are generated using WSDLGen and execution happens using SOAPRunner. So in that case we really do not have a central location from where we can get the WS definition. The only source are the transactions. So when ever we need to get the WSDL of MII transaction, we generate that using WSDLGen and Execute the service using SOAPRunner.

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

David,

I have used few ES / MII 12.0

I don't know about the documentation ... but what are you looking for?

You can use the WSDL associated in MII.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David

Sometime back Sam Castro had posted a whitepaper on the subject on the SDN.

It even had a link to the jar files for the custom actions he had developed.

I am not sure what version but it definitely would give you a good insight.

Let me know if you are unable to find it here.