cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to use the mail adapter and want to know how it workds..

in the receiver when it asks for the url is that for the receivers mail server? then should we have the receivers user and pass?

Or do we need to set up a mail server for XI in order for xi to send mails?

sorry i am a little confused... thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The mail server URL has to be the mail server's URL from which the email has to be triggered.

The user id and password has to refer to a valid user's user id and password on this mail server who can trigger the email.

This will have to match the from Email ID's user.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

That is what I thought. So i need to set up a mail server and user for XI? Is that correct?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually it depends. It could be any mail server which is accessible through XI (in same network usually). Either u may configure a new mail server for XI related mails, or u may use ur existing mail server of the organizations (like Lotus or outlook related servers) for this requirement.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The general gist is what you are talking about is your own mail server (for XI) as in it is not the Recipients server.

You specify the recipients in the To fields etc.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We should give the mail server name and password to connect to the mail server.

Follow this links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ad/bf93409c663228e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Below Weblogs will help you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss