Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning transactions to user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to authorizations. I need to assign a user authorization for transaction Sm37 and RSMO.

I think I just have to add the transaction code somewhere... I don't want to change any roles though. Instead of totally assigning a role, can I just assign the two transactions?

can somebody refer me to documentation or just outline the steps?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The intended way of doing this is to create a role in transaction PFCG, add the transactions to the menu of the role, and then maintain the authorization data brought in by those transactions in the authorizations tab of the role.... and then assign the desired / authorized users to the role.

Whether that involved changing an existing role or adding a new one is debatable.

As you might be able to imagine, this has been asked before here ... best practice, in some of our opinions, is to do it like this =>

Cheers,

Julius

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

The intended way of doing this is to create a role in transaction PFCG, add the transactions to the menu of the role, and then maintain the authorization data brought in by those transactions in the authorizations tab of the role.... and then assign the desired / authorized users to the role.

Whether that involved changing an existing role or adding a new one is debatable.

As you might be able to imagine, this has been asked before here ... best practice, in some of our opinions, is to do it like this =>

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to do it through roles

There are security guides available at:

https://service.sap.com/security