cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations for Opportunity searches in CRM/EP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need help restricting user results in Opportunity searches.

Our authorizations scheme defines users by their sales group, but when doing searches in CRM/EP User 1 can see results for users 2 and 3 when doing an opportunity search which are defined outside of user 1's sales group. Does this require any additional config enhancements such as Account or Territory management?

Does this need to be solved by authorizations at field level, or is there a table where these restrictions can be maintained? So far I have been trying to restrict values via CRM_ORD_LP and B_BUPA_BZT.

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post in, if not, is there a forum on here specifically for CRM Authorizations or configuration?

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Aug 7, 2008 3:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I'm having the same requirement to restrict serach results based on authorizations.

Can you please let me know how you saolved this?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The way we ended up resolving this was by adding the authorization object B_BUPA_ATT to each sales user role. Each user had a secondary role which defined their particular sales group in the org model.

It involved some programming (which required an outside resource) on our development side, but it worked.

We basically had the consultant write code to perform a check against custom Z values in the AUTHTYPE field, and then the variables were the data placed in

the AUTHVAL1 and AUTHVAL2 fields. And obviously ACTIVITY was whatever the specific user was allowed to do with items in that sales area (postal code, country, etc)

SAP's preferred solution is something called ACE which creates an extra layer of authorizations, however we didn't have the time and resources to properly implement that. You may want to look into that if you have the time.

Hope this information helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

> <removed_by_moderator>

My guess is that folks in the CRM forum avoided your closed thread because of this "removed" statement, and that most folks here will do the same until a moderator removes it.

Please read [the rules|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement].

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julius.

I must've copied that into the text when I moved the question.

I previously closed the old one myself as "answered" since I felt that I had posted it in the wrong forum.