Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 Webdynpro for ABAP development environment

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently running ECC 5.0 and ABAP stack is only available as of ECC 6.0. Is is possible to download and install just ECC 6.0 development environment?

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for your reply. Where can I download stand alone Netweaver application. My primary interest is in trying to learn how to develop Webdynpro for ABAP, and with RFC I can call BAPI to create and read data from ECC 5.0, based on your reply.

Regards,

Alex

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you are looking to learn on your own, you can download trial versions of the NetWeaver 7.0 from the Downloads section of SDN. SDN also offers the Subscription program in certain countries.

If your company is licensed for NetWeaver 7.0 you can of course also order NetWeaver 7.0 standalone on installation DVDs or download the DVD images from the Service Marketplace.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The ABAP development environement and runtime are integrated into the Business Suite release. Therefore ECC 5.0 runs on top of NetWeaver 2004 (6.40) and ECC 6.0 runs on top of NetWeaver 7.0. There is no way to directly mix ECC/NetWeaver releases nor can you directly transport NetWeaver 7.0 objects (like Web Dynpro ABAP) to a 6.40 based system since the runtime wouldn't be present.

You can however install a standalone NetWeaver Systems. Then you would have a separate instance with the ABAP 7.0 developement and runtime environement. You can use RFCs and Web Service Calls from this standalone system to read and write data to/from your ECC 5.0 system. You give up some of the benefits (like the integrated DDic value-help).