cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SI80

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

After finding a deleted document how can I resotore it using SI80.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in the table of all PHIOs - Physical Information Objects - (not sure, which one it is for Solution manager), you have to search for all objects of class *.del.

And now you can delete the deletion PHIO from the table.

Kind regards,

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your advise. I tried last several days to retrieve the document but so far no luck.

Is it possible to let me know the exact steps so that I can retrieve the document?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Folks,

Is there any one in the team who can help to resolve this issue.

Solution Manager keeps tons of documents and if any one of them is deleted accidentally then it can't be recovered ever again? Very hard to belive?

Regards,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Solution Manager keeps tons of documents and if any one of them is deleted accidentally then it can't be recovered ever again? Very hard to belive?

No.

The documents are stored in the database, if you delete them, they are gone. The free space on the database may already be overwritten by another document. If you have three entries in a table on the database and you delete one using a database "delete" statement, there is by default also no way to "undelete" that entry.

You can recover the document by recovering the database from a backup on a different system, get your document and re-import into the original database.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply but I was told that, " If only the reference was deleted (the minus icon) then you can find the document in SI80. If it was deleted via the trash can icon it's gone...". It was deleted using reference. As such please let me know whether it is recoverable, if so then how to do that?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If it was deleted using a reference then its very easy to restore it. Go to SOLAR02. Click on "Configuration" in Menu Bar and use Option Find Document . In the search screen remove the name of Project and give as much information about the doc as possible like name( you can use wildcards ) and then just execute the query ....

I'm sure it will help

Regards

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thread is quite old already, but I just want to help others who face this problem.

In order to restore document with deleted reference follow below steps:

1. Execute SI80

2. Click "Context" button and select appropirate Enhancement & release. You might need to click "Show Enhancement" button

3. Click on binoculars icon "Find Info Objects"

4. Search for the document

5. Select desired document and click Utilities -> Version management

6. Select desired version and click "Display contents" menu icon

This way you're gonna get a local copy of the document.

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am eagerly waiting for the solution. I will appreciate your help.

Regards,