SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps in Migrating FBS 4.5 to BCS ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are going to migrate FBS to BCS and i would like someone who has already done this o explain in simple worlds the different steps to undertake

Please do not copy the documentation given by SAP

Best regards

Salvator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I upgraded FM from 4.6 to ECC6.

I can advise you to first upgrade with standard ("former") functionality, and switch to BCS later.

If you want the migration configuration guide - I can send it to you by mail, or if you need advice - feel free to ask.

Regards,

Shahaf

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I upgraded FM from 4.6 to ECC6.

I can advise you to first upgrade with standard ("former") functionality, and switch to BCS later.

If you want the migration configuration guide - I can send it to you by mail, or if you need advice - feel free to ask.

Regards,

Shahaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for the doc i have already received but that doc is related to customising of BCS. We have already migrated to ECC 6.0 in dev and BCS has been customised and it works well .

My question is as we were in 4.5 and as we used before FBS how are we going to migrate FBS data to BCS data.

I see that there is a standard tool to migrate by totals or by documents

Does someone has experienced this standard migration tools?

We need his experience in details.

Best regards

Salvator

0 Kudos

Hi Salvator,

The document refers to migration generally.

Anyhow - for all customers I recommend first migrating to ECC6 with "former" budgeting and only after a few months, once things are stabilized - consider migrating from "former" to BCS.

Bear in mind that the standard migration does not support the derivation tool - this means you have to create your derivations from sctarch. That's where your real work is...

If you've already done all that - migrating to BCS should be through the standard tool indeed. I have no documents about this, but it should work okay.

Bye,

Shahaf