cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration engine does not generate alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I configured the alerting an I get alerts generated for errors from the adapter engine. But if errors occure on the integration engine (like rec. determination failed or mapping error), I don't get an alert. I'm on PI7.0 SP15.

What's the problem here? Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks in advance

Dominic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From Sp 14 on XI Adapter Engine Alerts are supported. So, nothing needs to be done.

Alerts will be triggered for Adapter Errors also.

If you need to trigger Alert Rule specific to a single Adapter then Select the Corresponding Adapter.

If you want all Adapter Engine Alerts to be Tracked, then ADAPTER ENGINE and * for Adapter.

If you give NO RESTRICTION , both Integration Engine and Adapter Engine Alerts will be tracked

Can you please go through the following links....Must be useful

Hope this help

Cheers,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rama,

as written in my thread, I get adapter engine alerts, but no integration engine alerts.

Dominic

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

At alert configuratiion window configure error category for integration engine level, by default we can get service or interface level errors through valiables by default, any integration level error configuration we need authorization for from basis level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nallam,

can you please explain that more detailled. Which authorization objects/roles do I need to receive the alerts?

Thanks

Dominic

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess, you have configured the alerts with for Error reported from the Integration Engine with proper error code and error category. Could you please share any one of your alert rule configuration parameter values that you have set.

I am not aware of any problems with alerting in PI7.0 SP15 (though I must say I am working with SP12).

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suddha,

I guess my configuration is fine as I get errors from the adapter engine.

As alert rule in the RWB I put only * as a condition, Message related not relevant, no restriction where the error occured and unchecked the checkbox "suppress multiple alerts for this rule".

Dominic

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to try to create one alert rule specific for the IE.

Select Integration Engine for the error location and Error Category as XI Server and Error Code as *

And do not set the "Suppress Multiple Alerts" indicator and check Rule Active checkbox.

Just try if this rule works for RCV DET or MAPPING errors. If not...................I am not sure what could be the cause!!!!!! But still we could say that we have tried all possible ways.

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just one more point just came to my mind.................................

The Alert Category under which you are creating the alert rules should have your SAP User ID added as a fixed receipient for that alert category. I dont think that's missing, otherwise you wouldn't have received the Adapter Alerts as well..............but thought it would be worth mentioning.

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suddha,

I already tried it this way. But still no alert triggered

Dominic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

Are the alert server, IE and AE on the same Central Server? Do you have de-centralized AE?

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suddha,

its all on one central server.

I now that there is a SAP note regarding the same problem I have, but it's only valid till SP14.

Dominic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry can't really diagnose the problem from here...............but it will be in my thoughts, will let you know if anything comes to my mind. Sorry couldn't do much help to you. Also please let us know if you find the root cause of the problem and its solution.

Thanks,

Suddha

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well this is rather strange because if alerts are triggered for AE they normally trigger alerts for IE as well.

Few steps worth a check,

1. Check for any logs in ST22, ALG1 . If there are some logs with PIRWBUSER not being able to call some Function module then regenrate roles of PIRWBUSER.

2. Make sure the RFC Destination - CentralMonitoringServerXI Alerts ( or some name of this sort ) is working in SM59.

3. in Alrtcatdef make sure that the RFCdestination of Alert server is set to NONE.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check the RFC destination "CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts' under ABAP connections in SM59.

This gets created automatically, as soon as the first alert is sent from the Integration Engine.

The settings and login information are extracted from the Exchange Profile.

Sometime, due to the improper port/client details in Exchange Profile, this RFC destination may get created with wrong settings.

You can check if this RFC destination is configured properly.