cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Description in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have changed description of the material using MM02, but in the sales order I am getting old description. Do I need to maintain any sales data for getting the same description as the changed one?

Please help...

Thanks,

Suma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would helpful, if at least i can create a material with 3 digit number..

What is the Industry sector and Material type that accepts 3 digit number.

Thanks,

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

New Description will be available in all new transactions, but not existing Transaction / Document which are created before the change of Description in MM02.

In the case if you want to change the description in old transaction, it can be done manually in VA02.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I have created a new sales order, but there also I am getting old descripition.

Thanks,

Suma

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suma....

If you have changed the description of the material through MM02 ,then the next time you are creating a new sales order it should fetch only the new description, as the data is getting fetched ony from the master data to the sales order.

Please go to the Tcode SE16 and check the table MAKT , and for that material check the field MAKTX , and see weather the changes you made in MM02 reflect there...

Can you please check ?

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe, the new description should be reflected in the new orders. Please check again thro MM03 whether the description is changed or not and confirm whether you are checking by creating a new order or checking in already existing orders.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MM03, I can see the new text. But again the same problem, old text dispalyed on to sales order.

What can be done?

Thanks,

Suma