Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header&Item Division

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am in 4.6c version,in doc type item division is checked,

check division No dialog , in item category business item is allowed, customer is extended to all divisions, when I am creating sales order with different division line items, system throwing error message that item division is differ from header division, can some one kindly tell me what could be the reason?I posted this issue before also, my issue is not solved, Shall I upload any notes to resolve this issue? or any changes I have to do in Copy Controls?

regards,

sekhar_functional consultant.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u friends for ur response for my issue

regards,

sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shekhar

I think, Issue is different here.

First try to understand, what is Header division & Item division.

When you create an Sales order in VA01 , in the intial screen you put the Order type and the Sales area.

This Sale area is copied to the Header of the Sales order.

The "Division" in the Header Sales area is called "Header Division".

A Material always belongs to only one division and it is unique. The division of the material , you specified in the Material master > Basic data 1.

In the Sales order, if you go to Item detail > Sales B , tab you will find this division. This is taken from the material master to the Sales order by the system.

This is controlled from the "Sales document type".

In the Sales document type , there is a check box "Item Division".If this is activated, then system takes the "division" from the material master.

If this field not activated, then system can not find the division from the material master and the "header division" is copied to all item.

So, you get related error when you process.

Next, if in the Header Sale area, you have a specific division, then in the Sales order, system allows Material of that particular division only. This is called division specific sales, which is happening in your case.

If, you want to process material of different division in one Sale order ,then in the Sales area you have to use division as "00", which is called 'Cross division". This is called Cross division sales.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sekhar

Have you maintained Cross Division in VOR2 ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friend,

thanks for ur immediate response, I checked in VOR2, there I maintained like below:

sales org Dv ref Dv Dv Cus

al01 a a a

al01 b a a

al01 c a a

al01 d a a

regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sekhar

In fact, after giving the suggestion, I have also created a sale order for two materials which is having different divisions. At item level, for one line item, my Division is 01 and for the other material, my Division is 02. With these combinations, I could create a sale order and saved the same.

So as already stated, go to VOR2, assign the different Divisions to Common Division and try to create sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

As you said it is right when I tested in another version client, it is working fine.Is there any possibility that this particular client where I am working now may have any programming error or any other reason? because I maintained cross division, still same error is triggering.Do you have any idea that it may have some other reason?

regards,

Sekhar.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sekhar

If in one client you dont have problem and in the other if you have problem, then please compare your settings in the following areas in both the clients

- Item category setting in VOV7

- Sales Document type in VOV8

- Maintaining cross division to the combination of sales organization and division in OVXG

- Material Master setting in MM02

I feel definitely, some setting is missing in the above areas in the client in which you are facing the problem. Please compare one by one and each and every fields.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I checked in vov7 , vov8 , ovxg , mm02.In OVXG for my sales org and distbr chan I maintained all my divisions and cross division 00 also, still my issue is not solved.In OVR2 also I checked.In other version client it is working.I compared both the settings.What could be the reason?

regards,

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thank u for ur response for my issue.But what happened,

My abaper debug the programme and he found that there was a USER EXIT included in the standard programme, that is why I am getting this error.Thank God my issue is solved.

regards,

sekhar.