cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>EXECUTE not working in ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using the method CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>EXECUTE in the SAP GUI & is working fine. But, when i am trying to open it using ITS, the file is not being opened.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Vishnu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

unfortunatelly you don't told me the value of parameter document in the call.

I assume it was C:\Documents and Settings\vishnuvardhan_s01\~Notitle_20080807040442_0.JPG.

Furthermore it seems, that your R/3 kernel and R/3 sap_basis support package is not high enough to use

the latest improvement for displaying documents by the execute method of cl_gui_frontend_services. (see note 1058218)

Therefore you use the old technique with teh execookie.txt file in your user home directory.

Maybe there is a incorrect entry in this file. search for file execookie.txt and check it against the format

description of note 554492. I assume, you have an entry with the file extension jpg and the program path

C:\Documents and Settings\vishnuvardhan_s01\My Documents\My Pictures\~Notitle_20080731213340_0.JPG.

You have to erase the program path line and enter the path to the application, which should show files with extension jpg.

Best regards,

Ralf

Remark: If this does not help, please provide kernel patch and sap_basis support package of your system and

post the content of file execookie.txt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf and Vishnu,

Even i am struck with the similar problem.

Not able to open a document using EXECUTE method in ITS because of lower patch level of ITS.

Ralf: can you help me, where should i maintain the file 'execookie.txt'

( probably this might be a trivial question, but appreciate you guidance )

you said - old technique with the execookie.txt file in your user home directory.

Where to find User home directory?

Regards,

Simha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

as i wrote in my last memo i need the parameters, with which the method execute is called.

Furthermore I didn't found the method call execute in method DISPLAY_ATTACHMENT of class CL_GOS_DOCUMENT_SERVICE. I looked in a R/3 640. Maybe you use another r/3 version.

Please set a breakpoint inside method execute and give me the parameters.

Best regards,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

I have gone through the method display_attachment of class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES by debugging and found the following data.

In the program SAPLSO33 & include LSO33F01, DOCUMENT_CONTENT_TO_PATH form is being called in which the method

CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>EXECUTE is processed.

Here is the list of parameters exported to the method.

call method cl_gui_frontend_services=>execute

exporting

document = document

exceptions

cntl_error = 1

error_no_gui = 2

bad_parameter = 3

file_not_found = 4

path_not_found = 5

file_extension_unknown = 6

error_execute_failed = 7

synchronous_failed = 8

not_supported_by_gui = 9

others = 10.

case sy-subrc.

when 0.

when 4.

message i315.

when 6.

message i313.

when others.

message i344 with 'frontend_services->execute'.

endcase.

Hope this would suffice.

Please help me out in this regard.

Thnaks & Best Regards,

Vishnu Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

i need the exact parameter valuesof method execute to help you. It seems to me, that you filled both parameters: parameter and application.

Best regards,

ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

I am actually using the method DISPLAY_ATTACHMENT of class CL_GOS_DOCUMENT_SERVICE to open the file in local system.

It is working fine in the SAP GUI. But, I am facing problem with the same in ITS GUI.

the method CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>EXECUTE is being called to display the file on the desktop inside the above mentioned method.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

which parameters do you use for method execute. This method is implemented in webgui through java. Do you have

java activated in your browser. Which ITS version, browser and java version do you use. Could you open the java console.

Inside it the program and commandline parameters are writen. Starting with note 1058218, no execookie.txt file on the

frontend computer is needed.

Best regards,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Here are the details,

1) Only physical filename is being passed as a parameter.

2) I am using iExplorer version 7 browser, Java of Version 6 & Update 7. I dont know how to see the ITS version.

3)Yes, i could open the java console. and found

Program = "C:\Documents and Settings\vishnuvardhan_s01\My Documents\My Pictures\~Notitle_20080731213340_0.JPG"

CommandLine = "C:\Documents and Settings\vishnuvardhan_s01\~Notitle_20080807040442_0.JPG"

Could you please tell me where could the problem be?

Thanks & best Regards,

Vishnu