cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC installation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somehow the sap gui lost. We could see lots of activity on the database and /temp/....AS/ folder, the file were getting updated. tail -f callSdmViaSapinst.log now has stopped the activity as it is done succesfully

Aug 7, 2008 1:17:50 PM Info: OK: /source_software/51032257/J2EE_OSINDEP/UT/VCFRAMEWORK09_0.SCA

Aug 7, 2008 1:17:50 PM Info: Successfully executed. Return code: 0

Now nothing is happening. I cannot see the gui also. Any suggestion ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Please dont continue, it is asking for typical/custom means it started from first.

So for this issue, there will be 2 reasons:

1. You may have changed environment variable of the temp directory( i mean installation directory), so please check that and set same path(previous path) to temp environment variable.

2. May be you forgot to set the temp environemnt variable when starting sapinst second time.

So make sure that you have set same path to temp variable as previous installation directory.

Even if you start installation from typical/custom, it wont be a problem, just stop the installation and set the temp variabel and start again , it works.

Hope it definetley resolves your issue.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kishore,

Thanks for your comment dear. We had set the TMPDIR=/temp instead of default /tmp, because if we restart the server, the /tmp goes off.

And since this was aborted installation, the env variable became to /tmp.

changed it to /temp and installation is progressing now.

Rewards awarded. Thanks Dear

Prashant Dhas on Aug 7, 2008 4:19 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Somehow the sap gui lost. We could see lots of activity on the database and /temp/....AS/ folder, the file were getting updated. tail -f callSdmViaSapinst.log now has stopped the activity as it is done succesfully

Aug 7, 2008 1:17:50 PM Info: OK: /source_software/51032257/J2EE_OSINDEP/UT/VCFRAMEWORK09_0.SCA

Aug 7, 2008 1:17:50 PM Info: Successfully executed. Return code: 0

I´m not sure what you talk about. SAPGUI does not connect to a Java instance but to an already running ABAP instance.

What are the last lines of sapinst.log?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

ERROR 2008-08-07 12:30:19

FJS-00003 TypeError: res has no properties (in script NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind, line 62258: ???)

ERROR 2008-08-07 12:30:21

FCO-00011 The step enableUsageTypes with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features_Enablement|ind|ind|ind|in

d|4|0|enableUsageTypes was executed with status ERROR .

WARNING 2008-08-07 13:39:56

SAPinst terminated by SIGINT (Ctrl+C)

now I aborted it and started to continue, it does not show me the option of Continue old installation. It directly came to Custom/Typical option.

That means it is starting from first?

I have check the http://10.150.203.99/51000. It display the J2EE engine page.

But how to assure that the installation is complete?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to select the same option (typical/custom) and after THAT it will ask you if you want to continue or make a new installation.

The installation is not complete.

Please repeat the phase and if the same error occurs again check the latest logfiles in your installation directory - maybe they will point to the source of the problem.

Markus