Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM & Batch management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We have a scenario as below.

Currently our batch definition is at client level. Batch number is unique across the client.

Whenever a batch is created we carry out inspection and this is updated in the batch by linking MIC & Batch characteristic.

Quite often we transfer a part of this batch to another location i.e. letz say from US to Europe.However European test standards are different from US. This means whatever results that got updated in batch when it was created in US is not valid in Europe.

So we create a new batch, create new inspection lot, carry out testing as per European standards and then update the batch with new results.

Is there any better way of handling this. We would like to avoid creating a new batch.

Thanks & Regards

TOM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pintoo,

You can try inspection with Multiple specification option.Please go through the link below.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/0b/a82442f53cde2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pintoo,

According to your question, I understand that your Client is having stock transfer scenario.

So He is having different plants at different locations within one company code..

He wants to transfer material from one plant with one batch no. to another plant within the company code.

If te situation is this,

you just activate Quality -view in Material Master with for material receipt from purchase

After carrying all the STO scenario, Material receipt will takes place through MIGO, at that time you assign the batch no., what ever you required, and receipt the material

Automatically Inspection Lot will generated.

For that you do UD.

Your batch no. will be remain same.

One more option is that,

After receiving the material in to your location with different batch no. you can assign your required batch no. by STO.

Within the plant location to location or Location to same location, through MB1B. There you can change the batch no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand

Yes it is stock transfer scenario between plants under different company codes.

Our issue is as below.

Let us assume that i have batch A of 100 kgs in US. This batch has some information on quality results. Out of this i transfer 20 kgs to Europe. In Europe the quality results recorded in US are not valid and hence i have to do retesting again. How i handle this scenario is to create a new batch B in europe, do GR and then do inspection and update the quality results. The problem with this scenario is that we have to create a new batch everytime there is a transfer from US to Europe.

I want to know if there is any other better way to handle this scenario.

Regards

TOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello TOM,

See if you want to deactivate the Batch creation at material material stock transfer then follow the SPRO path such as,

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide->Logistics - General->Batch Management->Creation of New Batches->Define Batch Creation for Goods Movements.. and select the option "NO Creation", for movement type 309.

There are some other options also available here such as Check against user exit, so you can define some user exit for stock transfer posting. Sit with your ABAPer and MM guy.

Regards,

Shyamal