cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication, translation and re-import of attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my requirement is to syndicate whole records with attributes and category table fields to XML (one file for everything). Everything is then translated into several languages. After that I have to re-import everything, which I want to do in four steps:

1. Import record information into Main table.

2. Import category information into Taxonomy table.

3. Import attribute names into Categories [Attributes].

4. Import text values into Categories [Text Values].

However, I have two problems:

1. In step 3 I have to map the Type in order to indicate whether the attribute is of type Numeric, Coupled Numeric or Text. I need only the last, but am not able to syndicate this information, so it is not in the XML later.

2. In step 4 I can only update all mapped fields or replace. This gives me error ffaa2011, which is because the values are assigned to records (obviously).

Anyone any ideas? Is there a fundamentally different way of achieving this?

I tried pivoting the translated names and attributes and map them directly on the main table. However, then I have attributes only in one language to map to.

Thanks in advance

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are right, I tried this three months back, i faced the same problem firstly you cant export taxonomy table directly by selecting your Categories as your Current table during syndication. you could only able to syndicate associated categories and their attributes which are linked with Main table records. And even then, you won't get Text Values. When we want to import this taxonomy table( Categories, Attributes and their Values) to again to any MDM repository is not possible. you have to make some changes in your syndication xml file. what i did that time i open that syndicated Xml file and maintain Text Vaues for each Attribute Manually i mean i add for each attribute as <Text Value> T <Text value> in my syndication file.and map this to < Text value > Destination Field and Value for this T to Text which i use during import Text Values then i could able to import that Taxonomy with attributes, values and links. i remember during importing this syndicated file i got three sheets there during importing Categories attributes and values i also made use of join these sheets.

Also refer:

Hope it wil Help you,

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Mandeep. I will add another field <type> with a default value "Text" in my XSD and in the syndication map.

However, I am still not able to import the translations of the text values, since they are assigned to records. That must be possible somehow. I might write an OSS for that.

Christian

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

if you do not need this information in your XML going to the translation, you can add a new field in the import manager when defining the map. You can maintaint the type in this newly created field and map it to the corresponding attribute type. If you're always using the same attibute type, there's no need to include it in the XML / XSD.

Best Regards

Michael