cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict creation of customers according to account group and sales area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I have this scenario wherein we have to restrict the creation of customers according to the sales area and account group. Here is an example.

Suppose I have a domestic customer say D01. Account group that I am using for this domestic customer is D001. Sales area is say D001/D1/D1. Now for exports I have E01 as customer. Account group is E001. Sales area is E001/E1/E1.

Scenario is

I should be able to create D01 only with account group D001 and in sales area D001/D1/D1. Customer D01 should not get created in account group E001 and sales area E001/E1/E1. Now to differentiate export and domestic customers we are using 'D' as a prefix for domestic customers and 'E' for export customers.

Same thing applies for Exports. Customer E01 should only get created with account group E001 and sales area E001/E1/E1.

Please advise on the same.

Appreciate a quick response.

Thanks in advance.

Z

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can setup a different number range for your domestic and international customers.

In this way, Number ranges will go with your Account Group nomenclature.

IMG>Financial Accounting->Account Receivable and Accounts Payable>Customer Accounts>Master Data>Preparations for creating customer master data-->Create Number Ranges for Customer Account Groups/Assign Number Ranges for Customer Account Groups.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey..

Thanks bro.. even i was thinking about the same userexit.. only wanted a second opinion whether there is some other way.

Thanks,

Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your responses. But my issue still remains unresolved. I want to restrict customers from being created. I have already configured the no. range assignment accordingly. But cant figure out how to restrict the creation of customers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess this can be done using the user/screen exit SAPMF02D, EXIT_SAPMF02D_001.

Rgds,

Rags.

Former Member
0 Kudos

2.1.1 Account Group

2.1.1.1 Maintain Number Range for Account Group

Use

The purpose of this activity is to control number range of Account Group.

Procedure

Access the activity using one of the following navigation options:

IMG --> Financial Accounting (New) --> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable --> Customer Accounts --> Master Data --> Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data --> Create Number Ranges for Customer Accounts --> Select the Icon to maintain Number Range

Transaction Code: SPRO

Data to be maintained:

No | From | To | Current No | Ext (Tick in Check Box)

01 | 0000000001 | 0000099999 | 0 | No

02 | 0000100000 | 0000299999 | 0 | No

XX | A | ZZZZZZZZZZ | Yes

2.1.1.2 Assign Number Range to Account Group

Use

The purpose of this activity is to maintain number range of Account Group.

Procedure

Access the activity using one of the following navigation options:

IMG > Financial Accounting (New) > Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable > Customer Accounts > Master Data > Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data > Assign Number Ranges to Customer Account Groups

Transaction Code : SPRO

Data to be maintained:

Group | Name | Number Range

0001 | Sold-to party | XX

0002 | Goods recipient | XX

0003 | Payer | XX

0004 | Bill-to party | XX

Use External Number Range for Account Group D001 and E001.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Edited by: Rajesh Banka on Aug 7, 2008 3:22 PM