Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles joining / aggregating ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have to arrange existing roles in SD.

First issue:

There are defined roles. I just have to aggregate them (e.g. 3 existing roles in new one .) What should I do?

Second issue:

Those roles are subordinated according to plant. I have to add additional "organizational level" : business area. Haw can I do it?

Thanks in advance

/ Margaret

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thatks for tip. I have one more question:

I have now 384 roles.

Problem is with changing all 384 with new organizational level. I have to change manually every role with new organizational level? E.G. change sales ogranization from 1000 to new one 2000?

Is there some mass change transaction, to change organizational atributes in roles?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Margaret,

Please use the following link which assists you in creating composite roles [ for your first question ]. This link also helps you with the other question as well.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/42/271d24d86211d2961a0000e82de14a/frameset.htm

I hope it is helpful

Regards,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a composite role and include the 3 roles into that.

Make sure that you do a "Read Menu" after you save the composite role and completely rebuild the menu. By doing so, the role menus of the individual single roles are available for the user.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thatks for tip. I have one more question:

I have now 384 roles.

Problem is with changing all 384 with new organizational level. I have to change manually every role with new organizational level? E.G. change sales ogranization from 1000 to new one 2000?

Is there some mass change transaction, to change organizational atributes in roles?

0 Kudos

>

> Is there some mass change transaction, to change organizational atributes in roles?

No there is not. There are some techniques which you can use (look for mass changes via the search function) which may reduce the time taken, though for 400 roles I personally wouldn't bother as it will take less than a day to do manually

0 Kudos

There is no SAP standard t-code for making mass org level changes. You may need to create a custom tcode for that. It again depends on requirements. If you feel that you might be needing this type of change again and again (as in my company), you should get a Z tcode created. In case, its a once in a life time job, you can make the changes manually.