cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB13 online backup restore

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am taking daily online backup from DB13 with the option"database backup+redolog file" on a tape medium.If I want to restore this taken backup what is the procedure and commands to be used

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Move to your sap backup folder and execute the following commands

$ at now/usr/sap/SID/sys/exe/brrestore -c force -b -m fullc trl+d

will give you the output at what time it is going to start. to check the job running or not

$ ps -ef | grep br

it will show the job which is running .....To recover online redologs, you need to start your database in mount mode and execute the following command

Recover database using backup controlfile until cancel;

If you want to reset logs...

Alter database open reset logs.

Hope this helps you

And also you can use brtools to restore instead of command level.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do we use brtools to restore taken online backup.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That comman IS using the brtools

You can start brtools manually and go through the menues.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we not to worry about online backup redolog numbers during the backup restore from tape medium

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Diego,

please read

--> Backup and Recovery (at the bottom of the page)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

from brtools menu I need the navigation so as to restore the online backup.It would be very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

from BRTOOLS what options should I choose to restore the online backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Diego,

For windows,

Log on to sidadm, then open command promt , and just give brtools( regardless fo path).

For Unix :

Log on to orasid and then just give BRTools.

Then in the BRtools menu, choose 5 ( Backup and Restore) and then choose required type of restore (for example:Complete database recovery,Database point-in-time recovery,Tablespace point-in-time recovery,Restore of individual backup files

Restore and application of archivelog files).

Then give the data in the next menu's.

Please let me know if you are not able to understand.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to restore db backup and online redolog file from the tape medium which I used for DB13 .Now tell me the steps to be followed from brtools. from this backup restore I should get the system as it was earlier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

have you read any of the documents from the link that Markus provided?

You are asking for specific instructions to perform your restore, this really is something that you should be able to pick up from those documents, and possibly from internal doco created when your backup / restore procedure was implemented.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was just about to ask the same...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was an immediate requirement from one of my client so I could not have much time to read the mentioned documents.I am quite clear that first I have to restore the database by BRRESTORE then I should restore the online redolg file with backed up log numbers but I don't know what to be done after that from DB level.The commands mentioned by kishore is quite useful but my concern more on exact steps to be follwed.I would be grateful for all your useful and helpful suggestion.