Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When adding transactioncodes SXMB_* more transactions appear in the role

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP CRM system version BBPCRM 4.0

When I add TCD`s SXMB_ADM, SXMB_ADMIN, SXMB_IFP and SXMB_MONI under tab menu in the PFCG , then to my surprise under the tab authorizations it shows 15 transactions more than added by myself. the following transactions appear: IDX1, IDX4, SARA, SICF, SM37,

SM58, SMICM, SMQ1, SMQ2, SMQR, SMRD, SRMD,

ST03, ST06, SU01, SXMB_ADM, SXMB_ADMIN,

SXMB_IFR, SXMB_MONI.

Is this standard SAP functionality? Must I always check the transactioncodes before generation the role (for unwanted extra SAP generated authorizations), how can I (if possible) prevent this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Have you looked into the SU24 settings for these transactions? I suspect the extra S_TCODE proposals come from there.

Jurjen

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Have you looked into the SU24 settings for these transactions? I suspect the extra S_TCODE proposals come from there.

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Is this standard SAP functionality?quote}

No, this is not an SAP functionality. Check the change history of the role.

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

>

> >

> > Is this standard SAP functionality?quote}

>

> No, this is not an SAP functionality. Check the change history of the role.

>

> Regards,

> Zaheer

If these additional tx are maintained in SU24 for the originating tcode then this is very much standard SAP functionality.

0 Kudos

Ya Alex, i agree. If SU24 for these tcodes is updated to include all these tcodes, then adding the tcode will pull in the S_TCODE. However, if it is not the case, then it is not SAP functionality to pull in other tcodes when you add one tcode.

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer

I can't disagree with that

Cheers

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, for the issue that you are facing, is quite common, because, whenever you add a role to a user, that particular role may contain N number of Transcation codes which will be added to the user. So, whenever you add a role to that user, all transactions will be available in that role to that user.

To prevent this, you can either use Activity or you can add Transcation codes which you want to add to a user by going to PFCG Tcode and from Menu tab.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Cheers

0 Kudos

> Well, for the issue that you are facing, is quite common, because, whenever you add a role to a user, that particular role may contain N number of Transcation codes which will be added to the user. So, whenever you add a role to that user, all transactions will be available in that role to that user.

>

> To prevent this, you can either use Activity or you can add Transcation codes which you want to add to a user by going to PFCG Tcode and from Menu tab.

>

> I hope this is helpful to you.

>

I doubt it.

OP is building a new role, adding a number of transactions to the role menu and discovers that the S_TCODE object contains more transactions than the menu. User assignment wasn't the question.