cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to an SAP system application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've run into a problem. I'm am trying to establish a connection to our SAP system.

This communication is based on the Remote Function Call (RFC) protocol. Am trying to connect to my SAP system application server via a Message Server (group_connect, whose name I'm not too sure of. When I try to doa test run I receive the following error:

Connection failed com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=zimracrm GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=crm MSSERV=sapmscrm PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmscrm' unknown TIME Mon Jan 16 12:35:22 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE niuxi_mt.c LINE 576 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmscrm' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 2

This is why I suspect I got the Message server settings wrong.The settings I made when I created my JCO are

Client 333

Group Public

Lang EN

Maxcon 100

Mshost zimracrm

Password zimracrm

r3name crm

user Weblogin

I have no idea where I can find the relevant settings I need to make for some these values eg Group,Mshost, r3name,User. This is opur first implementation. If anybody can me out I would be most grateful

Mice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the JCO code is getting executed on a windows machine, then try this & see if it helps...

add an entry like this (there is a 'tab' between the name and number, also make sure there is atleast a blank line after this...)

sapmscrm 36XX/tcp where XX is the system no...

this has to be done in the "services" file in the ".../system32/drivers/etc" folder

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renjith

Unfortunately the JCO code is executed on a Sun Solaris environment. But thanx Renjith for trying to assist me.

However I did check for this entry in the services file and found it there.

Thus I am still encountering problems with connecting with my Web Application Server.

I still have no idea where I can find the relevant settings I need to make for some these values eg how do I know what my Group is ,what the value of the Mshost should be, r3name,and User. This is our first implementation. If anybody can me out I would be most grateful

Mice

Answers (0)