Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI 7.0 installation & questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am totally novice on MI infrastructure

Our goal is to receive on the mobile the result of some queries from our BI system. ( I think it correspond to "running mobile application with an online connection" )

I have 4 questions :

1) We allready have a BI system configured ( ABAP + Java ) on Netweaver 2004s. Do we need and is it possible to install and configured MI 7.0 on this BI system or do we have to install a new standalone system ( DB + Netweaver AS ) and create RFC to the BI system ? Can you tell me what are the basic steps of the installation ?

2) Is it possible to install an MI client on an IPhone ? I have checked the PAM for MI 7.0 and SAP notes but did not find anything about IPhone OS.

3) I have found a detail documentation "Install of MI 2.5 SPS22W" but I did not find such a documention for MI 7.0

Can you tell me where to find it

4) Do we need to install those components ? :

NWMADMIN*_.SCA MI ADMINISTRATION 7.00

NWMWDLAP*_.SCA MI LAPTOP 7.00

NWMDRIVERS*_.SCA MI DRIVERS 7.00

NWMCLIENT*_.SCA MI CLIENT 7.00

Thanks a lot for your help

Franck

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Now that you already have WebAS(ABAP + Java) you can install MI 7.0 on that, so you wont be needing another system for that. you can find the insta guide here: https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/instguidesNW70 - assume u have SMP id.

2) iPhone has Mac OS.MI client cannot be installed on this.

MI Client needs Win CE client. For setting up MI client on Windows Mobile OS 5.0 or above you will need DB2e & java runtime like CReme to be installed. however you can install MI client on laptop without DBMS java runtime will be provided by java1.4 series.

3) answered in point 1.

4) dint get this. where do u want to install this. r u talking about deployment?

Hope this anwers to ur queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

You mentioned that documentation for MI 7.0 installation is in the following link: https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/instguidesNW70 but I couldn't see anywhere about MI installation. I am looking for a document similar to MI2.5 installation guide that provided by SAP. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Dai