cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SD Gurus,

Can anyone please tell me the process involved in Partner determination, right from the beginning till the end. I want to create my SP, BP, SH & PY and it should reflect in XD01. Best description will be rewarded.

Thanks & Regards

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi koushik,

I want to know for which u want partner determination ?

E,G; for customer master or sales document header or sales document item or like delivery or billing (header / item) .......

let take a simple example for customer master ....

first create partner functions based on ur requirement.

u can use the standard ones which are available.

earlier u created a account group.( sold to party/ ship to party/ bill to party)

just assign the partner function to ur account group.

then create a partner determination procedure.

Once again assign the partner function to the partner determination procedure.

finally assign the partner determination procedure to ur account group.

Now when u will crear a custmer system will trigger the partner function automatically..

here is a doubt why u are assigning partner functions to the accont group twice.

i e; in 2nd step P F to ACC GROUP

& in 4th step ---P F to P D P & P D P to ACC GROUP.

Answer is to trigger the partner function automatic in the Customer Master at the time of creation .

U can do same partner determination for other things like SAlES DOC HEADER

means Partner determination procedure to Sales document type (OR)

hope it will help u to solve ur problem

Regards

Dibya

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Partner determination procedure

It is the grouping of partner functions. It specifies which partner functions are allowed for a particular business transaction and which partner functions are mandatory

steps:

1.Path: SPRO IMG Sales & Distribution Basic functions Partner determination Setup partner determination setup partner determination for customer master.

You will get into u2018Change view partner determination procedure: overview screenu2019.

Select u2018new entriesu2019.

Enter the name for the partner procedure.

Select your partner procedure and double click on u2018partner functions in partner procedure tab.

Click on u2018new entriesu2019

Enter the partner functions to be included in the partner procedure.

ex: sp: sold to party

sh: ship to party

bp: bill to party

py: payer

Since we are assigning partner functions to the account group 001 i.e. for sold to party we keep u2018sold to partyu2019 as not modifiable and mandatory and other three as mandatory.

Partner Procedure To Account Group Assignment

Mention the Account Group( Group) as 0001 and the Partner Procedure(ParPr) you have created.

Press Enter

Partner Function To Account Group Assignment

An important requirement for proper sales order processing is that each customer can only include those functions relevant for him in a document. You can do this by assigning permitted partner functions to an account group.

Click on Position

Mention the Partner Function as SP and Account Group as 0001.

Press on the Continue Button

Click on position

Mention the Partner Function as SH and Account Group as 0001

Repeat the same procedure for BP and PY keeping Account Group as 0001

Click on Save

thanks,

krishna prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Read your replies toothers' queries. I was only wondering if ou could help me with mydoubt..as i have not received any replies as yet.

I need to know the access sequence that can be used to automatically determine business partner-Vendor for a given product.

I have created vendor as a BP. Have created relationship between Vendor and Product. Also partner function Vendor exists already.I need to assign an access sequence to partner function Vendor for determination of Vendor(BP) for a given product.

Could you guide me on the same please.

Thanks,

Vartika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik

It is simple.

You want that when you create customer in XD01, the partner functions SP,SH,BP,PY should feature.

Customer master is controlled by account group, so create an Account group of your own (new or copy one ).

Go to IMG > SD > Basic function > Partner determination > Set up Partner determination.

- Duoble click on Customer master, as you want the partner to be determined in Customer master.

- Create a Partner determination procedure by "New entries".

-- In the "Partner function " folder in the left , choose your Partner functions required like SP, SH etc.

-- In the "Partner functions in Procedure" put the selected Partner functions in the Procedure.

-- Go to "Account group & function assignment", Here assign your Partner functions are assigned to the Account group.

-- Then go to "Partner determination procedure assignment". Here you assign your Account group to the Partner determination procedure.

Now it is complete.

So whenever you create a Customer under this Account group, the assigned Procedure will be applicable there.

So all the Partner functions in the Procedure will be availble there.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushik

Go to IMG path -- SD --> Basic Functions --> Parter Determination --> Setup Partner Determination. Once you go to this area, you can find

- Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master

- Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header

- Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Item

- Set Up Partner Determination for Delivery

- Set Up Partner Determination for Shipment (if shipment process is there)

- Set Up Partner Determination for Billing Header

- Set Up Partner Determination for Billing Item

Maintain the required settings in the above order. While doing so, if you have any issues, please post the outcome.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Partner Determination Procedures

Partner Procedures

Sold-to-party (Customer Master) - Payment, Tax determination

Bill-to-party - Address to send the invoice to

Ship-to-party - Deliver the goods to

Payer - Pay to who ( a company/person name)

VOPA - Maintain Partner Determination

Click Partner Object

Click Partner Procedures

Double Click on the Procedures Line Items

To pass the partner function contact person (CP) data to the ship-to-party in the delivery document.

Go to the Partner Determination procedure for you sales order type. Look for the column that is labelled SOURCE.

Put SH against partner function CP and it will assign CP from ship-to-party to aftewards.

As long as you have CP in your delivery document, it will be copied from SO to Delivery properly.

Definition

Partner determination procedures are sets of rules for how the system works with business partners during transaction processing. They bring together partner functions and access sequences, and include additional information.

Use

You define a procedure and assign it to a transaction type or item category. Then, when you create transactions of that type or containing items of that category, the system works with the partners involved according to the rules you specified in the procedure. Therefore, the system can automatically handle partners for an Internet sales transaction differently than it does for an Activity, for example, without end users concerning themselves with these differences. The settings in the procedure apply to both partners determined automatically and to those entered manually.

To define partner determination procedures in Customizing, choose Customer Relationship Management ® Basic Functions ® Partner Processing ® Define Partner Determination Procedure.

The settings include:

· Which partner functions are mandatory and which suggested, which are entered automatically and which manually, and how many partners can be entered for each function

· Which access sequence applies to each partner function that is determined automatically by the system

· At what point the system starts partner determination for each function. This could be as soon as you enter data, when you enter a product, or when you save the transaction.

· Whether the system enters an Activity in the calendars of the partners involved (relevant to Activities only). For more information, see Working with Activities.

· Whether you can change a partner's address in transactions, and, when a partner has more than one address, which address is used.

· Which partner functions are available in a business transaction and which are not.

Structure

The procedure consists of three levels:

· Procedure User identifies the transaction categories and item object types to which the procedure applies.

· Partner Functions in Procedure lists the partner functions involved and specific settings for each function.

· User Interface Settings list which partner functions are shown in the transaction header, and specifies how partners' addresses are displayed.

Integration

For a procedure to be available for a particular transaction type, both it and the transaction type must be assigned to the same transaction category.

For a procedure to be available for a particular item category, both it and the item category must be assigned to the same item object type.

For more information, see Define Partner Determination Procedure in Customizing.

To define transaction types and item categories in Customizing, choose Customer Relationship Management ® Transactions ® Basic Settings ®Define Transaction Types and Define Item Categories.

Example

Background

Your company sells televisions the store Hifidelity, and your sales people often visit the store and talk to the store manager on the telephone. To enter these visits and calls in the system, they create Activity transactions.

You have defined the partner functions electronics retailer and retail site manager for transactions with companies like Hifidelity, (for more information, see Partner Functions) and have certain requirements for Activities with them. Therefore, you define a partner determination procedure for these Activity transactions.

System Settings

You define a new partner determination procedure, and:

1. Assign it to the transaction category CRM Activity.

2. Enter the two new partner functions you have just defined, electronics retailer and retail manager, plus the existing partner function employee responsible. You specify that they are mandatory, and that the transaction should only include one partner as the retail manager.

3. Assign access sequences, specify that partner determination should start as soon as data is entered, and that activities should be entered in the partners' calendars.

This table resembles your Customizing settings:

Partner function

Minimum

Maximum

Calendar Maintenance

Access Sequence

Ac Point of determination

Electronics retailer

Retail manager

BP BP Relationships by sales organization -> BP Relationships

co Continuously

Employee responsible

X

Organizational model -> Business partner assigned to the user

Continuously

4. You assign this procedure to the transaction type Sales Activity.

5. You select the field Allowed Functions on the Partner Determination Procedures screen

6. and choose one of the two menu options Only Functions defined in Determination Procedure or All Defined Partner Functions to determine which partner functions should be displayed and available for use in a business transaction.

Thanks

Manoranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoranjan,

I dont want a copy paste of any documents. I just want to know the process in simple terms. what r the steps involved. first create what, then what, like that..... Thanks for ur efforts.