cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore SQL on another Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an ECC 6 running on SQL 2005, Windows Server 2003 R2, I want to restore the same DB to another ECC 6 server, and connect it to the restored SQL DB. for that purpose I prepared the new machine with new ECC 6 installation and then i restored my SQL DB to this new machine, but ECC wont start, it turn green for a while but then into yellow and then stopped.

Can anyone help regrading to the above, are there any procedures i shall follow after data restore so i can make ECC work?

Thank you all,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you give the new server a new SID? And if so did you switch over the restored database to the new schema? ECC 6 requires the SID and the schema to be the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you running your SAP instance using a domain user or local user?

If domain user - is the user SysAdmin in SQL? Or at least granted full DB OWNER access to the SAP DB?

If local user - have you verified the user has access to the SAP DB? If the user is there, the DB SID may not match up, you may need to run a sp_change_users_login to sync up the DB SID.

Also, post the dev_ms, dev_disp, and dev_w0 files from your work directory.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to Windows Forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you post your thread in wrong forum. you should post your query in SAP on Windows Forum.

check SAP 551915 - R/3 won't start after database restore or database copy

regards,

kaushal