cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enhancement of Standard Webdynpro Component ( Component Usages )

Madhusudank
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

There is a standard WDC_MAIN. It uses many sub components WDC_SUB1, WDC_SUB2, WDC_SUB3.

The problem here is I need to access the context node information of all the sub components ( WDC_SUB1, WDC_SUB2, WDC_SUB3. ) in the main component WDC_MAIN.

<<<Reason for the need to access context nodes in sub component:

I need to collect some fields from various views of various subcomponents into one view of my Main Component. I think this can be done by enhancement implementation where I can create a new view>>>

I can access the nodes of sub components only if the context node in the component controllers are marked as Interface Node. But I cant edit the sub component, because it is a standard SAP provided component.

Solutions that I am trying:

1. I tried to create enhancement implementation and tried to achieve this... but I dont know for some reason SAP doesnt allow to enhance the context node as Interface node.

2. I tried to copy the standard component to Z component, but another risk here is that, this main component is referenced else where and it is difficult again to give reference to this new Z_ component.

Kindly guide me on how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,

Sur.

Edited by: Gaurav Desai on Aug 7, 2008 9:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Using enhancements, create a context node and a an interface method so you can pass the contexts that you need over this method.

Or you can try to do an external mapping to you context like in the ALV component.

Regards.

Madhusudank
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

No that is not possible because. For some reason SAP doesnt allow to create any Interface node or Interface Method in enhancement Mode.

Best Regards,

Sur