cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sorted result from QaaWS on SAP BI7-Query-Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I built an universe on a SAP BI7-Query. On this universe I designed a QaaWS.

The problem: The result is not sorted, even If I am using the sort option in QaaWS. I also defined the sort-options in the BI7-Query for this dimension.

Any ideas how to get a sorted result. I need it for a Xcelsius Dashboard.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192142
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When creating the QAAWS have you tried using the attribute named <INFOOBJECT NAME> Key, which exists as a detail (attribute) under your dimension (infoobject) in Designer. If you use that object instead, then you may be lucking that it is sorted correctly 🐵

Hth,.

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

yes and no. I sorted the data that were in the excel cells but these data are updated with the QaaWS at runtime. The updated data are not sorted automatically by Excel.

Do you know functions in Excel (no macros) that sort data in a defined range and that are supported by Xcelsius?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kilian,

There are not any built in functions supported that can perform sorting. The only option available is the Data - Sort on the menu.

I tried the sorting function in Qaaws tool and the data returned as expected (based on universe on BW3.5 query)

I know this will be some effort on your behalf but the alternative is process of elimination.

Remove the sorting from the BI query and let Qaaws do the sorting. Alternatively, you could also try to set the sorting in the universe.

I am not sure of what the limitations are in Qaaws.

bhaveshdoshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am getting following error, when I tried to create a query based on OLAP universe. The same Query works fine in WebI documents. We are currently using XI 3.1 on Windows platform.

getDocumentInformation exception (Error: WIS 10901)
A database error occured. The database error text is: (WIS 10901) 

Any idea or pointer is really appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kilian,

I'm experiencing the same problem right now. BI7 and QaaWS - No matter which sorting option I set, QaaWS returns always the same... Have you figured out a solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The only way I found around this was to use 'Live Office' to retrieve the data opposed to QaaWS. I raised the point with SAP about the sort not working when the results are retrieved using QaaWS however was told that the sort feature was not supported by QaaWS for Xcelsius.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kilian,

Have you tried applying a sort on the range in the xcelsius model (excel sheet)?