cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbers from SAP BI7-Queries have no decimals in Universe / QaaWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I built an universe on a SAP BI7-query. In this query I am using forumlas that are dividing two key figures (e.g. z_abc / z_def). The formulas are formatted with two decimals (e.g. 6.543,21).

When I am using QaaWS with Xcelsius 2008 SP1 I got a number without decimals (e.g. 6543). I checked the result in the soap-protocol, so it is independent from Xcelsius. In WebI-Rich Client the result is a number with two decimals but both are zero (e.g. 6.543,00).

So there might be problems with universes on sap bi7-queries?! Any ideas how to get numbers with decimals in QaaWS?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a similar issue with an Icelandic customer and in fact it was a problem of regional settings (locale).

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP told me, it will be fixed in Fixpack 2 for Servicepack 1, which was intended to be delivery in the mid of december 2008. There is still no solution for this issue.

As a workaround it might help to configure the windows locale settings to english and run the SIA Service with a windows user (not system user) with english locale settings.

Best regards

Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue will be resolved in FP3 for SP1 by the mid of february.

This means if you are running under XI 3.0 Environment you first have to update to X3.1

and later install the FP3.

Good luck.i will try to check out the Fixpack when it will be available.

Best Regards

Ulrich

http://www.xcelsius-insight.com

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uli,

I found no solution for this problem. My second problem was that sorting has also no effect.

So I build a bsp-application that executes queries and returns the xcelsius-xml-datastructure. This is not standard, but it works!

Regards,

Kilian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kilian,

i got the same problem. I am using WebI XI 3.0 for some reports on a universe built on a SAP-BI-Query.

In WebI i have no decimals but if i use the WebI Rich-Client, there are decimals.

Did you have found a solution?

Regards

Uli

Former Member
0 Kudos

I formatted the EXCEL-CELL with two decimals, but Xcelsius doesn't get the complete number (e.g. 6543,21) from QaaWS. It only gets the number without decimals (6543) from QaaWS. I checked this with a WS-Tester in the soap protocol body.

So the problem is one step before Xcelsius.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kilian,

In some computing environments you have to introduce a decimal point to the calculation in order for the process to start treating numbers as "float" versus "integers". The most common practice is multiply either the numerator or the division by 1.0 to get the float concept started. You do have to be careful how you do this as the order of operations may get upset unwillingly. Here is an example:

x=a/b (yields a purely integer result, not what you want)
x=(a*1.0)/b (notice that the multiplication has been wrapped in a parenthesis to preserve the order of operations)

Just a shot in the dark hoping this will help, good luck!!

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

I formatted the cell with two decimals, but Xcelsius doesn't get the complete number (e.g. 6543,21). It only gets the number without decimals (6543) from QaaWS. I checked this with a WS-Tester in the soap protocol body.

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the xcelsius gets the format from the excel sheet it built on.

you have to modify the format of this cell in the Excel sheet itself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amr,

thank you for your fast reply. I already did that, but it had no effect.

I used the following formats:

positiv: #.##0,00

negativ: -#.##0,00

zero: 0,00

not defined: 0,00

After defining I exported the universe, built a new QaaWS and deployed it. But no changes.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks a lot.

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in xcelsius you have to do the format in the Excel sheet itself.

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can set the default format of this object in the universe itself,

right click the object, select Object format, and set it a specific format.

good luck