cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

My client handling the finished material in Bulk storage for some plant, in this case i go for Lean Warehouse Management - Fixed Storage Principle...I think its good...please revert back....

From sas..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I gave you the cut and paste from SAP because without understanding the total process that you operate it is difficult to give an informed decision.

Specific questions can be answered but general questions like 'should I use Leam WM' for this process is more difficult.

I have noticed that some people always send links to SAP documents but I try to avoid that. If you check out my responses you will see that I give as much help as I can so I apologise for sending you something that told you what Lean WM is for as you asked but in future you are on your own as far as I am concerned.

Regards

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frenchy,

Please don't take it in negative way...Its oka..Anyway, i am extremely sorry about my previous thread....

Cheers!!!

From sas....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to pick deliveries then yes but there will be no sight of where your stock is!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Lean WM is mainly used to allow the picking of deliceries but that is basically it.

This is what SAP says

When you implement the Warehouse Management System (WMS), you manage goods

movements and stock changes in the warehouse at storage bin level. However, if you implement

Lean WM, inventory management takes place solely at storage location level. The system does

not update the stock data at storage bin level using the quants.

You use Lean WM solely for processing goods receipts and goods issues. Using Lean WM, you

process the warehouse movements in basically the same way as if using the Warehouse

Management System: you work with deliveries, and you create transfer orders for these

deliveries. These transfer orders serve as pick lists (see also Using the Transfer Order as a Pick

List in Lean WM [Page 164]). We recommend that you implement Lean WM if you wish to pick

deliveries in a warehouse that you are not managing using WMS.

The use of transfer orders in Lean WM provides the following advantages:

You can reprint [Page 170] transfer orders at any time.

You can split transfer orders [Page 179] and thus distribute the workload better among the

staff in your warehouse.

You can pass on the transfer order target data and the names of those who process transfer

orders to the HR application component, where this data can be used to calculate incentive

wage.

If you do no wish to update stocks in your fixed bin warehouse at storage bin level, Lean WM

provides you with the option of using the advantages of warehouse management through transfer

orders in the same way as warehouse management using the WMS.

If you are already using the standard WM system, we recommend that you

implement Lean WM in a further warehouse where no updating of stocks at storage

bin level is necessary. In this way, you ensure that the processes for warehouse

management are uniform in all warehouses.

Since Lean WM does not update stocks at storage bin level, you can display the stock quantities

solely in Inventory Management (IM) and not with the stock overview function in WM. Also, you

cannot process possible stock differences [Page 185] that occur in the warehouse using Lean

WM, only using Inventory Management (MM-IM):

Prerequisites

You can only implement Lean WM in a fixed bin warehouse; random storage is not possible.

Before you can implement Lean WM, you need to make the following configuration changes in

Customizing:

1. Assign a (newly defined) storage location to a warehouse number.

2. Set up at least two storage types:

a picking storage type as the source storage type

A shipping area as the destination storage type for deliveries

I hope that this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

I don't want to copy paste of SAP LWM help document in this forum...I am asking the real scenario its good for implement the LWM in my case...

From sas...