cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport consumption data from BI to ERP.

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear fellow SDN community members

In an upcoming project we need to transport some consumption data in a cube from our BI solution to table u201CMVERu201D in ERP. The data load will be approx. 1 mill. Records a week.

What is your suggestion for the best way of doing this and what is the reason for this solution?

Right now I have two ideas for a solution:

1. BW -> OpenHub -> SAP XI/PI (RFC, IDOC or ABAP PROXY) -> ERP

2. BW (RFC) -> ERP

But other ideas are very welcome.

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this BI itself can communicate with the ERP with out any XI/PI Middleware.

One Approch is Direct communication with ERP through RFC call

If you have thought to use XI means Another way is as you said that it is huge data transfer,

Better way is Use Proxy at ERP side to handle such type of huge data

also check this Example--> BW to XI

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e698aa90-0201-0010-7982-b498e02a...

REgards

Seshagiri

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri

Thank you for the quick reply.

I will definetly have a look at the documentation of pushing data from BI to XI, but could you please explain what the reason is for choosing ABAP PROXY to ERP over directly RFC connection from BW to ERP?

I mean which parameteres should I consider when choosing integration method/technology? (e.g. data load, mapping complexity and so on)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>could you please explain what the reason is for choosing ABAP PROXY to ERP over directly RFC connection from BW to ERP?

The reasons are

1) If u choose direct BW----ERP means no need of Proxy concept here and no XI also.

2) In case of XI is there in the Integration means, ERP side Proxies are the Best choice,

why because Proxies will handle huge amt of data transfer and while proxies we dont have any adapter to communicate ERP to XI, so that the performance also good.

Proxies are Interfaces which can directly communicate with the XI's Integration Engine with out any Adapter

REgards

Seshagiri

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Seshagiri

We dont need to use XI, it is just an option. The question is more related to which things to take into considerations when choosing the integration technology/integration method. I guess there would be a recommended approach based on some parameters like "how complex is the mapping", "what is the dataload" and "which systems are to be integrated" (SAP or non-SAP)?

In our case the answers to these questions are:

medium complexity mapping

1 million records a week

integration from SAP to SAP system.

Hope you understand what i mean. Otherwise please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

In your case, best option is go for Proxy communication because performance wise proxy communication is a better option and that too for that much huge data(1Million) we can split into chunks of data while sending to XI and ofcourse mapping transformations also can be done.

Pls let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Please award points if found useful.

Thanks

Hamja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member