cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity assignment to an activity without Work Centre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am stuck at a point where i have to assign Labour,Materials,PRT's to an internal activity without maintaining the Work Centre.Please help me on this front.

Harsh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

I do not understand why you do not want to maintain work centers for maintaining the labour hours. Is this your client's requirement?

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishnubhatt,

Yes exactly its the clients requirement that we should not maintain the work centre and directly assign labour,materials as well as PRT's to the activity.We have to capture cost as well do scheduling.Do you have any solution to this problem.

Regards.

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

You can capture the labour cost without work center.

Check the T code KB15N. There you need to maintain the sender and reciver cost center. This is one of the Option.

Scheduling is possible once you have the relationship in the network.

Lets wait for other opinions.

Regards

N.Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Raju,

Thanks for giving me some lead but still the fact remains that how i assign my labour to my activity and track its progress.Also what about the PRT's.

Regards.

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harsh,

You can assign labour to activity also if work center is not assigned to activity but it is advisable to use the work center otherwise it may create some problem during activity confirmation. I think you create one dummy work center & proceed further.

Regarding material & PRT , there is no need of work center . In case of PRT, first PRT should be created in the system as material or Equipment & the it can be assigned to activity in CN22.

Hoping that you got some inputs.

Regards,

Ashok Sangal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thank you for responding to my question.Your tips regarding assignment of PRT's is really helpful.Sir please could you tell me how do we assign labour without work centre which you have said is possible.I am asking you this because no matter what i have to assign labour without work centre.

Regards.

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

When I say person assignment to project without work center , I mean person assignment to WBS as project team. This can be done in CMP2 & CJ2B.

Regards,

Ashok Sangal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thank you for your guidance but still i am there is a constant message showing No requirements for this selection criteria.can i tell me where the problem is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Can you write me in detail what steps you are doing.

Regards

Ashok Sangal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Through the t-code cmp2 i am entering the selection screen of workforce planning.There i enter the Project defination and then the WBS.I also select a profile for workforce planning,and planning period.Then i execute it but there is an error message which says"No WBS Element found for the selection criteria".

Even though i have created my project and saved it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think u r coorect

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In internal actvity, you can mention the no of hours which you are planning. For Materials, see the over view, there you can select and assign the materials to the actvity to get PR or reservation.

But without maintaining the work center,you will not get the labour hours/cost.

Lets wait for other postings for PRT as in CJ20N, its not possible to assign.

Regards

N.Raju