cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAR Files in SDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I want to confirm that can we deployed SAR files using SDM.

Please suggest.

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know only SCA or SDA files will be deployed using SDM or JSPM. Only abap sypport packages or kernal files will be in the sar format.Like using jspm you can deploy or update the kernal which will be with the SAR extension.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have EP 6.0 in which we don't have JSPM and all Java Patches comes in SAR fromat.

Java patches come with sapinst file that is available on Marketplace so we use this sapinst to apply java patches but issue is that for KMC patch i dont find sapinst on marketplace so thinking can we apply this KMC patch using SDM that is a SAR file.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you will have the jspm just check in the system components of your java stack and also check the path

usr/sap/sid/instace/j2ee/jspm

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,

We don't have JSPM.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can deploy software component JSPM then continue,

I am not really sure that you can deploy SAR files with SDM

why dont u try uncaring the SAR file using sapcar -xvf *.SAR

then check what files are uncared in that sar file.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That means i can also deploy JSPM component from SDM and then i can use it..

Ok,let me search this component on marketplace will then update you.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I searched on Marketplace,There we have only SP and Patches of JSPM 700 not any instalation file.

Beside it I also think deploying a component will not create JSPM file structure as now we dont have any JSPM directory now.JSPM has started as of SAP 700.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hmm that true it will not create any file structure i even think the same, But you can try uncaring the scar files and see what are the extracts even that might contain the files u require.

If you have a dev system can try with that.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already Uncared files but not get any useful file thr...

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shival,

Have you read the Support Package installation guide available on the Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/instguides? It contains instructions on how to apply the patches, including KMC.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mat,

I have read the installation guide but that also say that with sapinst KMC needs to be installed but issue is that on Marketplace there is no sapinst for SP22.

Please suggest.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

I find this very interesting. I have just checked SP Stack download on the Service Marketplace and I see SAPinst files. When you create your download basket, do you get any files called SAPINST22_0-20001822.SAR - WebAS 6.40 SP22(Part 1/4): SAP Installer and CTRL<DB type>22_0-20001822.SAR - WebAS 6.40 SP22(Part 2/4): SAPInst Control File for <DB type>?

Best Regards,

Matt

Edited by: Matt Kangas on Aug 8, 2008 9:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I don't find any of these files for KMC component,I found it for other components like J2ee and Portal.

Please suggest.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I hope your j2ee engine is 640. For 640, you should upgrade your java stack using SAPINST. (If you are having dialogue instance then for you should also run one more time SAPINST for DI)

1st extract these .SAR files mentioned above then you will get sapinst file and upgrade your Java stack.

if u have any other Java components that does not include in Java stack (as per SP stack level released in SMP.) then this componets u will get it under Support pack download link in SMP.

Upgrade this extra components using SDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

There is not a SAPinst per component. The SAPinst files above are the ones used to apply any/all patches -- including KMC.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,Matt..

That means I can apply KMC Patch by sapinst that you mentioned even that is for J2ee engine.

let me try then will update you.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

"The SAPinst files above are the ones used to apply any/all patches -- including KMC."

I disagree with your comment.You said any/all patches.

I am not sure about KMC patches but we cannot apply XI patches using SAPINST. XI patches for 640 we must apply through SDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

You are correct and I should clarify my answer a bit more. All patches related to content on the J2EE engine are applied with SAPinst. This includes, for example, the core engine, Portal Platform, KMC, etc. Since XI is a dual stack with connectors, there are actually several tools -- SAPinst for the Java pieces, SDM for the connectors and even SPAM on the ABAP side. Thank you for pointing that out, as I was answering too narrowly.

In any case, all of the instructions are found in the SPS installation guide.

Best Regards,

Matt