cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proxy theoretical Q

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

I am looking for theoretical information about the difference between proxy2WS and RFC2WS?

what are the differences between using RFC and Proxy?

what is proxy advantages?

what is the meaning in the SAP side?

Thanks

Kfir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I am looking for theoretical information about the difference between proxy2WS and RFC2WS?

If you use Proxy--WS means here you will be By passing the Adapter communication and the performance will be better.and also in case of huge amt of data we can choose Proxies

also check this blog once

>>what are the differences between using RFC and Proxy?

RFC is based on Adapter communication and proxy is Adapterless Communication

>>what is proxy advantages?

Covered at top Ans itself

>>what is the meaning in the SAP side?

Proxy is nothing but collection of methods and classess and it is an interface which is able to communicate with the XI's Integration Server Directly with out any adapter

REgards

Seshagiri

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182411
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the most important difference in my opinion is the circumstance that the AS JAVA (where the adapter engine is placed) is getting really inperformant during transfer. By using ABAP Proxy you can bypass the AS JAVA and send the message directly to the central integration engine.

My experience told me that using ABAP Proxy really unloads the Java Engine and the SAP XI/PI system raised the amount of transferred messages.

But remember: ABAP Proxy is a SAP-specific technology. If you want to use open standard communication you should use Enterprise Services by using SOAP Runtime (has no monitoring).

With kind regards.

Martin Steinberg

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

In case of RFC adapter, when ever we can use the function modules related to BAPIu2019s, when ever we can retrieve the data from Functions Modules we can use RFC Adapter. And also when ever we can use the synchronous communication use the RFC adapter.

a proxy on the SAP application system should be used while interfacing with a standard BAPI or remote enabled function modules on the application system. the proxy will be invoked by SAP PI/XI and on the application system the proxy will call the BAPI. in SAP systems with WEB AS versions <6.20 the proxy option is not available and hence the RFC adapter should be used insted.

regads

srinivas

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The main advantage on a proxy is it s performance as it directly interacts w ith the IE bypassing the AE

RFC/BAPI is basically only intended for Synchronous comm. which asks much more system resources from your XI system.

and moreover EOIO supported by proxy.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>what are the differences between using RFC and Proxy?

There are two type of integration is availabe.

1. Outside-In.

2. Inside-Out.

Proxy is an Outside-In approach where all the data type design happens in XI, the class and the proxy for it are generated in R3 using this object generated in XI.

Where as in case of RFC the design happens in R3 and XI import the defination it, hence it is a Inside-Out.

Both proxy and RFC supports sychronous scenario.

>>what is proxy advantages?

Already discussed.. check out this Blog > [original link is broken] [original link is broken] By Michal Krawczyk

Thanks

SaNv...

Edited by: Su00E3nthosh Ku00FBmu00E3r V on Aug 7, 2008 11:34 AM