cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Destination based on data in message using the File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unsure of where to start searching for a clue as to how to impement this. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Scenario

IDOC -

> XI -

> File adapter -

> File System

(DESADV) (Variable based on info in DESADV. ie Site)

Essentially I wish to use XI as a router and transformer for certain message types depending on the data within the message itself.

Is anyone aware of any documentation around this kind of scenario ?

Additional Notes

There is the possibilty of have up to 1000 different destinations from the same message, but the message will ONLY be sent to the site addressed within.

thanks in advance ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Variable Substitution in the receive file adapter.

Check this Blog By Sameer Shadab.

Thanks

SaNv...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

The scenario requirement is not yet very clear.

But if you want to route the Idoc to different receiver systems depending the payload value, you may configure it in ID with different business services and then using conditional Receiver Determination using XPath.

That is one way, and if you want to use the same receiver service and only 100 different target folders on the File System, then you can surely use the Variable Substitution for the Target Directory in NFS File Adapter. You can build the target path with from the payload value in variable substitution table under the advanced tab in File Adapter. Remember to set the "Create Target Directory" indicator under Target tab.

Hope one of these might be a solution for you. Let me know if you need more detailed information.

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please brief your scenario.

Thnz