cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's

I have been into sap sd from the last three years now iam on bench and my company is asking take a training on IS-UTILITIES and to work on IS-Utilities

Please give your ideas about is-utilities and future of that

Thanks and Regards

Srinivas Kapuganti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Safeer Rahman,

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs

Regards

Srinivas Kapuganti

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini...

I would also like to suggest you to consult with your other (future)teammates for the oppurtunities and exposure waiting for you in your project.

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman

NOte: I worked as an SAP-SD-CS consultant for 6 months,fyki

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Srinivas...

Its not at all a bad decision if you choose to get trained in SAP -IS and to work in a project which offer you solid exposure to IS.

As you may be aware , SD consultants requirements is now in a saturated state, and even if you leave the company , you will not be considered as a valuable resource loss as 'n' no of SD consultants are available outside waiting to grab the chance.

Its inevitable in todays market to get an extra exposure to an another module like CS( customer Service) or CRM (Customer Relationship MAnagement) for an SD consultant... Or if you get trained in ABAP you will be considered as a technofunctional consultant... what industry currently needs...

Hence you will be a valuable resource to the company if you are experienced and trained in Cross modules or trained in IS solutions.

MOReover,AS you are asked to move only to SAP-IS utilities, you are moving no far from your parent module..The SAP Utilities (IS-U) component is a sales and information system that supports all business processes and utility services of a utility company.

You can use IS-U for managing and billing residential, commercial and industrial, and prospective customers. This component also allows you to manage and bill customers who receive services, purchase goods, or pay fees and taxes.

And as you may be aware its only an integeration of CS ,SD and a bit of service management which will allow you to explore the unknown ,amazing abilities within SAP...

SO, I would like to recommend you that you should go on with the training and give your best to the project with the urge to learn and thrist to explore deep. I am sure that your company will be havign such a platform ready for you.

KIndly go through the link...May be useful (Can't Say)

[SAP IS Utilities|http://www.sap.com/industries/utilities/pdf/BWP_Strategies.pdf]

HOpe you find my reply informative...

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman