cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proportional factors for mixed periodicity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating planning area with storage bucket profile periodicities both posting periods and weeks. I am using APODPDANT as my proportional factor key figure.

I calculated proportional factors for the months of September and October.

September has 30 days: 4 weeks with 5 working days and the last week, the 5th week, has 2 working days.

October has 31 days: First week with 2 working days and the rest 4 weeks have 5 working days.

I am working with a selection id (SELID) with one plant and one material.

When I calculate proportional factors taking last 1 year history and transfer proportions to only September and October with fixed proportions, I can see in the log that for the selection SELID, the proportional factor calculated is 18.25.

What I did is generate proportional factors for September first and then for October to see the values seperately.

When I look at the dataview in weeks, I can see the following:

When generated only for September

Wk36 (5days): 18.25

Wk37 (5days): 18.25

Wk38 (5days): 18.25

Wk39 (5days): 18.25

Wk40 (2days): 18.25

When generated only for October:

Wk40 (2days): 18.25

Wk41 (5days): 18.25

Wk42 (5days): 18.25

Wk43(5days): 18.25

Wk44 (5days): 18.25

My problem comes up when I generate proportional factors for both September and October, the wk 40 is getting 36 instead of 18. The system is not considering the wk40 as one week but as two different weeks and adding....

Is this standard behavior or am I going wrong anywhere.

The system does the same with both Fixed and detailed proportions.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Edited by: Visu Venkat on Aug 7, 2008 8:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Did you define a fiscal year variant in time bucket/storage bucket profile?

Regards

Deepak

Edited by: Deepak K on Aug 11, 2008 4:04 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

When plans for months are factored into weeks the system doesnt consider overlap (in this case wk 40 is lying in Sept & oct) & adds accordingly.

If you want to have proper split as 18 then you need to do manual over ride by an enhancement / development where in the planner will physically alter the factor for Wk 40.

Best regards

Sanjeev G Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

You are right. The system is adding up the proportional factors in split weeks and that's leading o this problem.

If this has to be manually overwritten....we have some hundreds of products and it becomes so hectic.

I'm surprised if this is not taken care of by SAP.

I found the note 992236 but it is obsolete for us as it is for V5 SP8 and we are in V5 SP12.

How do we do the custom development??

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

We have the same issue here at out installation. When the month ends in the middle of the week the proportional factors are doubled up. I have posted a note to SAP. We are on SCM 5.0 and they are suggesting a different note. We are in the process of applying the same If it works I will let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

I am giving you high level steps as below...

*Define weeks in the calendar month.

*Create weekly distribution ratio for the calendar month.

*Define the Chars to be linked to the weekly distribution ratio.

*Assign the distribution ratio to selected CVCs.

*Apply the distribution ratio in livecache and distribute.

Hope it solves your problem.

Best regards

Sanjeev G Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions please???????????