Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Greetings for the Day!

I AM GETTING PROBLEM IN EXPLOSTION OF BILL OF MATARIAL

I HAVE EXTENDED THE BOTH PARNET AND CHILD MATARIAL TO PLANT AND FORGOT TO DEFINE BOM IN CS01 . I HAVE CREATED A SALES ORDER PUNCHING THE PARANT CODE OF THE BOM WHOSE ITEM CAT GRP IS "ERLA" . SINCE THE BOM NOT DEFINED SYSTEM GIVES A WARNING MESSAGE THAT "SYSTEM DID NOT FIND VALID BILL OF MATAIRIAL" MSG NO. V1113 . BUT SYSTEM ALLOWS TO SAVE THE ORDER AND CREATE THE BILL SINCE PRICE IS DEFINED IN HEADER LEVEL. AFTER ANALYSING THE BILL IT IS FOUND THAT NO PGI HAPPENED FOR THE CHILD MATARIAL SINCE BOM WAS NOT EXPLODED .

PLEASE ADVISE HOW TO STOP THIS PROBLEM AND SYSTEM SHOULD STOP ME FROM BILLING IF BOM IS NOT DEFINED FOR THE PLANT .

THANKS AND REGARDS,

K.C CHOUDHURY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your replay.

I have already done the configuration setting for Header level bom as per your advise .

still my prob is not solved .

main concern is even if BOM is not defined in particular plant we can able to bill . resulting billing without matarial movement because BOM is not exploded .

Hope i am able to convey my problem.

Regards ,

K.C Choudhury

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear K.C CHOUDHURY,

Please check the fallowing settings regarding BOM explosion

-->Go to VOV7 transcation select your item category of the header material then go in to the details of the item category here you check the settings under Bill Of Material/Configuration tab fields are

Structure scope - A Explode single-level bill of material

Application - SD01 Sales and distribution

-->Check the BOM maintenance for the header material in CS02 transaction.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.