cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No "Internet Address" recipient type in so01

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in so01 when compiling an email i face 2 problems.

a.) in "Recip. type" column, the pull down list does not have "Internet address" for me to select.

b.) when try to send it out a message prompts "Recipient xxxx<a>xxx.com does not exist in the address management"

i did not have these problem last time, i wonder what setting has been changed to cause it.

my version is ECC6

comment and advice will be highly appreciated.

thanks

regards,

kent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must have an "E-mail " or "Remote Mail" option as far as i remember, try with that.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

There are no such options as what you mentioned.

I also realised in SO01 --> Click New Message --> Goto --> Those Fax entry, Internet entry etc are disabled for selection.

I believe once it is enaled, it will solve my problem. But no idea where to change it.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kent,

Just make sure your mail server setting in SCOT are correct.

Also, in SU01, check your user id if the Email address is defined in your address area. Also, the Communication method is either "Email" or blank field. Try this..

Cheers,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jazz,

I am quite sure the SCOT setting are ok since i had configured few clients and they are working fine, except this one. I wonder what changes or configuration have blocked the setting.

User ID got a valid email address defined in SU01, Communication Method is blank.

Regards,

Kent

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that the SMTP node is enabled in both SCOT and SICF.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

SMTP status

1.) SMICM --> Goto --> Services --> SMTP is active at port 25

2.) SICF --> Execute --> Double click SAPconnect --> SMTP Host (Active)

System version is ECC6

Regards,

Kent

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/6c/69c642418d11d1896e0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Let me know if it works.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

It is not working.

Regards,

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent

In SCOT->Settings-> Communication Methods.

Check for INT and RML , do they have SAPCONNECT or NONE assigned.

Also, Select SMTP , click on Display/Change. You will the pop-up , here check if Internet is selected in the Supported Addresses Types.

If yes Click on the Set icon, you will get one more pop-up, what is the value there.

Is it * or specific domains. The domains specified here will be recognized by the SAP system for forwarding the mail. IF * every mail will go.

I believe there maybe some customizing setting which is the affecting the display of the internet address in the drop down

You should also check with you abaper, did they modified some code related to this.

Regards

Kaleem

Edited by: Kaleem on Dec 12, 2008 9:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaleem,

INT & RML are assigned with SAPCONNECT.

"Internet" is checked in Supported Addresses Types with * as the value.

Yes, that is what I suspected also, some customizing setting must have been changed to affect that because previously I don't have problem with the pulldown list.

The client is a development client many developers are working in it. Kind of difficult to ask them who make the changes.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent