cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Notes Entry as Mandatory for a Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user requirement is to make the notes mandatory in a key figure if a user enters or changes some data in a particular cell. I am not able to find any standard function which can read the notes table and provide the information about existence of a note on a cell. Is there a standard way to read the notes table?

I am trying to use the BADI macro as a default macro to read the notes table, but facing problems while doing drill downs in the interactive planning. If the user does a drill down in the interactive planning and enters some data, the BADI macro runs before the data is populated at the total level which makes macro returning back error messages which are not supposed be displayed.

Is it possible to make macro run once the planning table is populated with the data.

Thanks in advance for the help,

With Regards,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for the reply. I am right now using the macro as a default macro but the behavior is a bit different for the BADI macro as standard macros work after the data update in the planning table. Making Macro as an exit macro result in problem,

1. User may have entered the data at the lower level but may be at aggregate level while exiting so system would allow to enter the note at the higher level

2. Using exit macro results in short dump as system first tries to save the data before invoking the macro and as the macro requires the user interaction it creates a short dump

Database alerts would not work in this situation as the user wants to make the note entry mandatory where as in the case of database alert planner may be able to monitor not enforce the notes entry.

With Regards,

Ankur

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its an interesting requirement. Did you try configuring the user exit/BADI macro to run as an exit macro instead ? The macro can also possibly be configured to run in default mode. Not sure if it can be made to run correctly in drill-down macro.

INfact I would try to address this business requirement little differently. Rather than invoking user exit macros to write notes, it might make sense to write custom alert macro that automatically writes an alert say in the first bucket - saying "planning object updated" as an example. The alert can be database alert and it will automatically also record the time of alert as well.