cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defaulting a PDF from material master to a purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am an SD cosultant working in MM also. I have a requirement wherein I can store some a PDF document in the material master and whenever I create a Purchase Order, the attachment should default in to the document. The idea is to send the PO by mail and also the PDF file should also be sent along with it.

I do not have any idea about DMS and treid to look out for solution in this forum but am unable to find the right answer. Can somebody please help me by detailing the steps to configure this. I tried using CV01N and gave the material number as the object link. However, it does'nt get defaulted in the PO. It seems that I need to give th PO item in the object link and this does'nt serve my prupose at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

I regret to inform you that there is no possibility to transfer a document from the material to

the purchase order automatically in the standard.

As far as I know you have to add the links manually to the purchase order. Otherwise you have to navigate to the material master details and there you can display the linked documents.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for responding. You have cleared my doubt and helped me save good time. We are open to some ABAP development including using exits. But I am not clear where to start with. I am looking at something like this:

I shall store the document object in the material master first using the generic object service option. Whenever a PO is created it would issue an output using a smartform and print to PDF. Now the smart form would also print the object image with reference to the material number and it's object. My ABAPer tells me that he can modify the smartform to facilitate the image embedding. But I do not know how to develop the spec because I am not aware of the relevant tables and fields for the object. do you think this is feasible ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vidya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yte