cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM supply categorization and search strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CTM gurus

I have a question regarding the CTM supply categorization and search strategy.

The issue I am facing is = I have demands, production orders and planned orders for a Product in a location. After CTM run, the earliest demand is always pegged with the production order even though the production order could be 6 months away and there are planned orders available earlier than that. No matter what I do with the supply categorization and search strategy it is not changing the pegging relationship.

It seems that irrespective what setting you have in search strategy, demand will always peg first to the production order and then to the planned order. This doesnt seem to be right. What are your thoughts

Please help!!!

Thanks and Regards

Anand Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is clear demarcation between planned orders and production oredrs on time horizon..i mean they are falling in different time horizon ,......one way could be to run CTM first for category of Planned order and then for category production order without deleting output of 1st CTM run.Option is available in CTM profile.

In case there is no clearcut demarcation and there is some overlap between these two categories ..then other way to two separate CTM run in different horizon for each category in turn...1st run shud be for Planned orders in longer time horizon and 2nd run shud be for production orders with shorter horizon.

rgds

Nil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

Thanks for the reply. I liked both the ideas. I came up with the third one which is using all the clues you have provided. It seems to be working okay so far.

1. Run CTM with Replan all orders and Delete all supply that are not firmed. This creates new supply and Sales orders are pegged first to the firmed receipt ( I think this is standard and nothing we can do using supply search strategy)

2. Run CTM with Replan all orders and do not delete supply. This creates fresh pegging relationship. This time Sales order (somehow) looses the pegging with Production order and pegs with other unfirmed supply.

Thanks for all the clues. Cheers.

Anand Srinivasan

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can probably define Lateness of Demand setting in CTM global setting or earliness in Location Product/CTM global settings. This will make sure there is a window of time where the demand and supply elements can peg with each other. This will address part of the problem you are facing.

The second strategy could possibly be to define two CTM profiles:

1. First CTM profile could look at a short-term Time Stream keeping the option of "delete all receipts" in the profile. So this will peg the demand to planned order

2. Second CTM profile could look at a longer-term Time Stream keeping the option of not deleting receipts. This way the pegging relationship from first CTM run would remain.