cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing: Creating more than one PO for the same BID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using the sourcing functionality in SRM 5.0 (classic escenario).

On the basis of an acepted bid, we generate a Purchase Order in the R/3 Backend system.

We noticed that in the standard, SRM lets us create for the same position of the bid, another Backend PO, without warning or error.

We would like to manipulate this escenario in such a way that this PO repitition of the same Bid position is not possible.

Anyone already found a way around this problem? May be we need to activate an error message?

Thanks for any reply.

Aart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree that

SRM lets us create for the same position of the bid, another Backend PO

but it does give warning that I have seen.

would recommed to work with yr ABAP team to see whether you can convert this message to type "Error".

one more suggestion is for ..... PO_NEW badi

hope you would have implementation of this exit.

then you can check whether for current BO BUS2200 whether ECC PO is already created

if yes

then do not create again

BR

Dinesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK We found a BADI to incorporate the message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kathirvel,

We checked the BADI:

BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI but after pressing button "Create PO", the funcionality does not pass this BADI.

This BADI does not apply fort the process on hand.

Do you perhaps know if we can use other BADIs to accomplish what we need.

Thanks,

Aart

Former Member
0 Kudos

BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI is the way to go none the less. Did you check with the correct document (BUS2200 or BUS2202?). If you're checking with po you're too late already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard allows you to create multiple documents for a single accepted BID, even I have seen this before. I haven't come across any workaround or fix yet.

But you can add some validation in BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI and restrict the user from creating multiple follow-on docs from a single accepted bid.

Regards

Kathirvel