cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting IDocs from SAP-ERP in SAP-xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new here and have the first questions.

Shortly to my situation:

I have a SAP-ERP-System (SAP ECC 6.0) and I want to send IDocs to another SAP-System where is only SAP-NW (7.00 SP16 DWI)xMII 12.0SP2Visiprise Manufacturing 5.1.

ERP --> IDoc --> xMII

I have configured the ERP System with the follow steps:

1. RFC Destination SM59 running

2. Create a loical System SALE

3. Create a Port WE21

4. Create a Partnerprofile WE20

5. Check the log System for my Client BD54

6. Create Distribution Modell BD64

7. generate Partner Settings BD82

Every thing was fine.

Now I generate with BD10 a MATMAS IDoc and send it to my Partnersystem (xMII).

Looking with WE02 the IDoc List can see the status 03 "IDoc send to an SAP-System or an external System..." so far so good!

But when I am looking with SM58 to the tRFC´s I have the message "Bean IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUSnot found on host (**xMII Host*), ProgId =(*myProgID**)" !!

When I look to the LogViewer at the xMII side, I have a lot of error messages like:

-

-

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Object not found in lookup of IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS.

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Object not found in lookup of IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS.

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implserver.ServerContextImpl.lookup(ServerContextImpl.java:649)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implclient.ClientContext.lookup(ClientContext.java:344)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implclient.ClientContext.lookup(ClientContext.java:639)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)

at com.sap.engine.services.rfcengine.RFCDefaultRequestHandler.handleRequest(RFCDefaultRequestHandler.java:129)

at com.sap.engine.services.rfcengine.RFCJCOServer$J2EEApplicationRunnable.run(RFCJCOServer.java:254)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:102)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:172)

Bean IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUSnot found on host ********, ProgId =VERPSFI2.0: Object not found in lookup of IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS.registered entries for FuctionName=JNDIName : {}

java.lang.RuntimeException: Bean IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUSnot found on host *********, ProgId =VERPSFI2.0: Object not found in lookup of IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS.

-

-

My Questions are:

- is it possible with a xMII on NW (DWI installation and MS SQL DB) to get the IDocs from the ERP?

- how must I configure the NW side to get IDocs?

- Must I deploy some additional things to get more RFC functionality?

Please help me!!

Thanks a lot,

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am not sure if this is solved but if you see IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS as the problem it should be before the message actually reached MII. This is the RFC that sends out IDOCs via RFC gateway. As the IDOC Config for MII 12.0 requires quite a few steps it is difficult to pin down the reason for it.

The checks should be as follows..

1. SM59 destination is of Type TCP/IP with Unicode switched on.

2. Test Connection is fine and points to the correct MII System.

3. The IDOC PORT is correctly created in WE21

4. The Logical System is created and the correct IDOC is added to the Outbound message list. Also check if send immediately is checked on the Message Config and the correct port is selected.

5. Create a Model in BD64 and add the sender and receiver systems and messages.

6. Distribute the model. This step sends the IDOC metadata to all receiving systems. if this works fine you should see a message of type RFC called "MODEL_VIEW_DISTRIBUTE" in MII Message Monitor.

if all the above steps are correct then the IDOC Messages should be received in MII.

Best regards

Partha

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

I did not get any information on Roberto's situation, but in Rahil's case, their problem was in Visual Administrator. Someone had the misconception that the Listener had to be registered in NW using Visual Administrator. So with the registration from NW and the self registration performed by MII, the processing of the IDoc did not have a clear path to the right application. Once the NW registration was removed the IDocs were processing without trouble.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

do you have also created and configured the Message Listener in MII? If not, please give a look in the link below.

I know that is a documentation for 11.5 but the steps in 12.0 are the same.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3861e693-0e01-0010-e791-9b44d269...

Regards

Pedro

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

You should also read the Visiprise documentation for how VM handles IDocs. They have built a number of xMII interfaces along with webservice calls inside VM to handle IDocs. If I remember right (and it has been a while), their help docs were pretty well written.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Thanks, I know this documentation and I have create a Listener.

As I said, I have the Visiprise Manufacturing Project includet and so I have a Listener and a lot of Transactions configured.

My Problem is, that I can´t see anything at xMII side...

I dont know if the Error with the IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS is the problem but I think so.

any other ideas?

Thanks,

Roberto

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now that I look a bit more carefully, it looks like VM is rejecting your IDoc because it is not set up to accept that type. You will need to check with the Visiprise folks. You are not playing with a plain vanilla system. You are working within the VM environment which already has a lot of xMII structures built in, particularly for IDocs.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot...

Yes, my Problem is that I want to show the VM Integration in part of my diploma thesis ;-(

And after a while I have noticed that this is not realy a so called vanilla system

Ok, I am in contact with the visiprise folk, but it takes a while to get response (the right response!)

But have you some special documents for the visiprise Integration?

I have VERPSFI Installation and Configuration Guide and the VERPSFI User Guide.

Furthermore I have all Guides from the SAP Service Marketplace...

Have you maybe some additional?

Have you ever set up a Visiprise Integration with MII and ERP?

Thanks,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like it is the setup/configuration issue on xMII. The message are not reached to xMII Transaction. It looks like the error happens when the IDocs are about to be received.

Thanks,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Thanks,

I am assuming that I can in MII see the incomming messages with the MessageMonitor, issn´t it?

I can see nothing in the MessageMonitoring function.

Can I see in NW LogViewer if the Message arrived MII?

@Mike

Do you think that I should test the MessageListener without the VM Configurations in MII?

Thanks,

Roberto

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sara is much more familiar with the VM-xMII structure and requirements, so I am going to let him make the recommendations. My VM experience is a bit dated and I know they have made some fairly significant enhancements and modifications since my time working with it.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI: IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS is an RFC in SAP. I think it is used to communicate with external system.

Did you do the connection test in SM59 for your RFC destination?

Thanks,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Yes I did, and the test was succesfully.

My Problem is not to know where the true problem is - on ERP side or on MII side.

Sara, I hered you are from Visiprise?

Can I call you occasionally once?

This project is really important for SAP Research Dresden.

Thanks,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can call me. What is your email address so that I could send my contact details.

Thanks,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sara,

roberto.hengst at sap.com ...

Thanks,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have sent my contact deatils.

Thanks,

Sara

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roberto,

Did you ever solve this problem? Could you please post your solution if you did?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everone,

I am having the same issue, not able to send idocs to XMII and getting the same error.

What was the resolution, how did you guys solve it.

Please provide your input.

Thanks,

Rahil

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahil,

I worked with Roberto for a bit before asking Sara Mani to get involved. So I am not sure what happened or whether he ever got it fixed properly. There is a new resource available on setting up an IDoc Listener in 12.0 that you may want to take a look at.

[IDocListener|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/bpx-community/manufacturing/how%20to%20send%20an%20idoc%20from%20sap%20ecc%20to%20the%20sap%20mii%20idoc%20listener.pdf]

Hope it helps. If you don't get it fixed, I would recommend opening a new message rather than piggybacking on Roberto's.

Mike