cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workflow "Completed" Task - Auto DELETE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to meet this requirement of Auto Deleting the COMPLETED workflow task(s) from the

User's workflow Tab. Is this achievable?

thanks

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I have the solution for this but i havn't tried it yet. We can achieve this requirement with the help of DATABASE TRIGGERS. Trigger is some thing that can be executed automatically on some event and since all workflow related information is stored in the form of tables so we can set triggers over these tables.

But all these tables are some how linked with each other so you need to be very careful while trying this because deletion of some thing may cause some effects on the repository.

Had some thing in my mind thats why shared with you.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Gd tght!!

But i want to knw where we have to look for the triggers i.e. it is on dbms or else or where they need to be configured.

Rgds

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Thanks..

We can write Triggers at Database level. I have tried this long back and have written one trigger in SQL Server for the same workflow requirement but as i said the tables are linked with each other and it was giving some problem and then i left my R & D at that stage only.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks!!

Nice R&D.

Keep it up !! as some new things shd be explored in MDM.

Rgds

ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ankit

Thanks..

There are many things to be explored in MDM

If you get the solution for this Workflow requirement (either using Triggers or by any means) please share with us and i will also do the same.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

thanks...as you all said..even no point of taking risk ..if any straight method & clarity wuld like to implement..otherwise..we have to raise as an Product enhancement to SAP.

Once again thanks a lot

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP note 1240587 discusses the need for this, and mentions one way using Java API and then schedule the execution of the JAR. I haven't tried it myself, but should be quite straightforward (the note even includes the source code).

Hope it helps!

Br,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not achievable in MDM but can be implemented through Portal.

Hope this may help u .

Ankit