Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OB52 --Three QUestions !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks - Including Juluis & Alex !!

I have two questions :

In the Transaction OB52 which is used to open and close periods The chage log has been switched off

Path: OB52>Utilites>Change logs Now click logging display > Now a screen pops up saying logging is> switched off

Now the questions :

1.I want to switch on the LOG

2.I want to determine who switrched off this log

3. I want to changes made during this period ( when its was swithed off) --may be in some table?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to tcode SE13 and put in table T001B. There you can switch on logging. It will also tell you what the last id to make a change here.

0 Kudos

Stange --> here the table already says " LOG DATA CHANGES" but the when I see the change log it says - Logging is switched off !

0 Kudos

So the "log data changes" box is selected then ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For table logging to occur system profile parameter rec/client should be set to set on. Default value is OFF.

Regards.

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there George,

Nice to hear from you again.

> In the Transaction OB52 which is used to open and close periods The chage log has been switched off

> Path: OB52>Utilites>Change logs Now click logging display > Now a screen pops up saying logging is> switched off

That popup is telling you that table logging is turned off at a system level. You can proceed from the popup and select the tables to read the logs from, but there won't be any for any period where the logging was turned off at system level (which is the default).

> 1.I want to switch on the LOG

Search service.sap.com (and also this forum here) for the term "rec/client". This is the profile param for which the system will write logs for tables flagged in SE13 as "Log data changes". There is also a related transport profile called "recclient". I recommend setting both to value "ALL" = Changes made from ALL clients.

> 2.I want to determine who switrched off this log.

Your best bet is to call transaction TU02, select the "History of file" button and then search for the parameter "rec/client". There are other ways, and TU02 is not 100% complete, but it should do the trick.

If that fails, then you need to find the last entry in the log and check the system log (SM21) from that date forward.

> 3. I want to changes made during this period ( when its was swithed off) --may be in some table?

This will be more tricky and more effort. Once you have the period for which the logging was off, you will need to reconstruct for that period which accounting periods should have been open when, and then to data analysis to find exceptions.

There are also other symptoms you can look for, as the logging (if turned off for a reason to do something in an undocumented way) would not necessarily have been turned off for the purpose of changing a permitted accounting period - however it is very difficult to hide all audit trails (without creating new ones).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Just determined that after the recent migration the Profile parameter was set to Default and the default is OFF !! so even if you in SE13 turn on the log there will be NO logs as the DBTABLOG is not populated due to the profile parameter.

I was late toreply as I was busy figurign this out ! and then I see th epost by ashuthosh mentioning this !

Well So lesson learned : After any major changes make sure that DBTABLOG is populated !! else there will be NO change logged !

Thanks again

0 Kudos

I know that the upgrade will remove the transport profile "recclient", but was not aware of the profile parameter "rec/client" being defaulted again.

Did you upgrade the existing system, or migrate? (which would explain why everything is default per default)

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi George,

Glad you found the cause of the problem

Cheers

Alex

0 Kudos

This was after the hardware Upgrade, prior to the ERP. Which will begin in this month after that the GRC.

So no change logs over a period of time as the database was not logged, this now action needed from the corporate is that needs to be documented know the reason for the missing log.

This is at my end...Idontknow what will happenabove my level !!

Thanks for all the support !

Thanks