cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding the header of a group using dynamic programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a requirement where we needed to place a border around the UI elements. For this purpose i had used a group UI element. But the group UI element by default has an attached header (Setting the visible property of header to "None" only disables the header text). Hence as per the suggestions in the following thread i had set the caption dynamically (in WDDOMODIFYVIEW) which removed the group header completely.

Now, when i was browsing through the forum i came across the reply by Thomas in the below thread,

//if someone does post a "hack" or "illegal" way of setting the client cookie directly from Web Dynpro; this would not be supported by SAP and could stop working at any time.//

Truly said, it might stop working at anytime. This might apply to my case as well as i am setting the caption dynamically. I am not sure is the right allowed way or if i am using one of the "illegal" ways (which would stop working at some SP levels).

Can someone clarify if hiding the header of a group using the above method is allowed?

Regards,

Prasath N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The usage of WDDOMODIFY method for dynamically altering the view (e.g. hiding or showing UI elements) is perfectly "legal".

The manipulation of a cookie by the developer is not intended inside the Web Dynpro framework.

These are two completely unrelated issues, as per my understanding Thomas warned about the second.

I think you're mixing things up.