cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Regd the Oracle Statistics and BRCONNECT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

How does the BRCONNECT works while collecting the optimizer statistics for the below case

Case1

If I l set stats_sample_size=P3 in the init<sid>.sap ,will the Statistics will be collected with the sample size P3 for all the tables ?

or The statistics will be collected as per the internel rules

or the statistics will be collected with the combination of internel rules and stats_sample_size parameter.

our brconnect version is 7 and Pl is 32

Regards

KK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Setting in init<sid>.sap is not possible to collect the db stats.

Check out this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/df/01313bdffef106e10000000a11402f/content.htm

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not see any reference to stats_sample_size in the link you posted.

Can you indicate where did you found that information, as it differs from the one I did find in the documentation, check my first post for the link.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good, you point to the exact same document that I put on the first place.

And this document also does NOT say anywhere

>

> Setting in init<sid>.sap is not possible to collect the db stats.

>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

Setting the Parameter is possible.. U can check the BRCONNECT Internel rules...In the link which you have mentioned has the below information.

sample: uses sample size defined in option -s or stats_sample_size parameter, also for tables specified in the control table DBSTATC

But I am not able to simulate the cases... If any one has simulated with this case ?

Regards

KK

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Interesting question.

Never before used the mentioned option but, as usual, the answer is on the [documentation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/02/0ae0c0395911d5992200508b6b8b11/frameset.htm]

> This parameter defines the sample size with the BRCONNECT update statistics function using method E for tables that are not specified in the DBSTATC control table.

That means that none of your guesses is totally correct. your 3rd guess is the nearest to the correct answer